2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

You knew it would happen sooner or later.....even bad offenses score runs in bunches from time to time.  Not to mention that even the pre-grit lineup was still better than 1 or 2 runs a game, they just slumped collectively.  It happens. 

Speaking of Grit....I'm not watching but what's up with the infield single to 2nd that's showing on game cast?  Was it a legit infield single hit deep in the hole or is Utley a little slow in the field?

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

sarge, Grit made a nice play but was playing deep, had to charge the ball and the runner beat the throw to first.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

GRIT, despite going oh-fer in his first three AB's with a K was clearly the missing link here.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

SD

you know it's a great night when Raul flashes leather like that

ice grillin you

phillies second basemen this year = .225/.269/.270
astros pitchers this year  = .226/.261/.262
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

PhillyPhreak54

What the hell is going on out there?!?

His Gritness hath risen!

This is nice to see. I like the fact that Ruiz is driving the ball to right field. That usually means he is about to heat up. Dom's had some nice rips too, just no results.

Now...

Wheels and TMac are awful. Even for them this is awful. I wonder if they've cleaned Utleys goo off their chins? Jeez! When they had the shot of him standing in the dugout before his 2nd AB and Wheels was fawning over him. They changed camera angles and be was like "and there he is from the other angle, it's so great".

Then they lauded every member of the organization for their hard work in Utleys recovery. Seriously? We should thank Perlozzo for hitting him grounders? Scott Sheridan for rehabbing him like he should?

Oh - and please tell me you guys saw that meth-head Kenzo on the screen after Polancos homer! Straight up meth head reppin' the city loud and proud. Ugh.

MDS

i get off on self inflecting torture so im back to wheeler

this is just...oh so hot
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyGirl

1. booing Scott Rolen never gets old.

2. Wheeler and TMac are seriously unbearable. There cannot be one fan alive that thinks these 2 are a better option than LA and SF. Ear bleedingly bad.

3. I'm a big fan of Mike Stutes. Would love to see him remain on the team while Kendrick and Herndon go bye-bye.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

No chance on Earth Stutes gets sent down.  He's been practically unhittable.   If he ever develops a third pitch other than the four-seamer & the slider, he's going to be closer material.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

That sound you just heard was Harry rolling over in his grave at the speed of light.