Computer Geeks Unite! And farging help me!

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2006, 08:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

so it has a hard drive where you could put word or excel onto it but not a hard drive to save word or excel documents...and it def wouldnt come with any word processors right?

is a cloud service user friendly
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

there are better people than me to answer that question about the hard drive.

cloud seems fairly simple though.  it's called google drive, it used to be their google docs but they changed it.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

Cloud services are no different than having an external HD. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Sgt PSN

Except you don't physically carry it with you.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 19, 2012, 08:34:31 AM
Except you don't physically carry it with you.
Thanks for clarifying that Genius. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

SunMo

yeah, take nothing for granted with dis guy

Sgt PSN

hbionic

Is seagate a good company for external hard drives? I'm looking into buying one, probably 1 TB capacity. I think big brother had mentioned Western Digital before. I basically want to save all of my digital pictures on my cpu before it craps out.

Any good suggestions? I was reading that the toshiba external drives would die too quick.

Help.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

i got a fantom drive like four years ago and havent had a single problem

Sgt PSN

Use Google Picasa for pics and Google Drive (formerly Google Docs) for your documents. It's free.

Susquehanna Birder

If you plan on using an external, buy two. Use one to put your files on, and then copy everything from that one onto the second drive. Then put the second one someplace safe when you're not doing a backup.

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

SunMo

i just upgraded computers at work and everything has been going fine until today when Firefox tried to update and it said it could not completely update and recommended to uninstall and download a brand new install file.

i did that and when i click the install file the status box shows the installation files being extracted and when it hits 100% it disappears and nothing happens.  i tried restarting my computer and it's still happening.  i tried Mozilla support forums but i can't find anything that applies to my issue.  anybody have any ideas?  I'm using Windows 7

ice grillin you

i got a laptop but the hard drive has been wiped....what do i need to do to get it up and running

as of now when i boot it up i get this: no boot sector on internal hard drive - no bootable devices - strike F1 to retry boot, F2 for setup ability - press F5 to run onboard diagnostics