Computer Geeks Unite! And farging help me!

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2006, 08:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

lol....the only reason I even heard of it was because my mom had one for a while too. 

ice grillin you

isnt a decent blu ray player pretty expensive

also if it matters i will never buy a blu ray disc so would it still be worth getting one just for netflix

this roku thing sounds like the way to go...you can get one for as cheap as 59.99

one thing im not exactly clear on tho....is roku supposed to replace your tv servide provider....i read some reviews of it and people keep saying they replaced their cable tv with it....or do/can you just hook it up and use for netflix while i watch tv via FIOS as normal

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

3 years ago yes, Blu Ray Players were expensive.  Now they're like 75 bucks for entry level, 125 for a good one.  And why would the price matter, you're a baller?
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

im not a baller im a rich bitch.....because i dont burn my money like leonard tose

steady stackin chedder son

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 18, 2011, 09:24:22 AM
im not a baller im a rich bitch.....because i dont burn my money like leonard tose

steady stackin chedder son

You can get a sweet Panasonic or Sony Blu-Ray player for $100-200. I never buy Blu-Ray DVDs, but I rent them. If you upgrade later to a nice surround sound system (7.1), it's farging jaw dropping goodness. People jump on the Blu-Ray because of the HD quality, but that won't really wow you if you have a nice panel and HD television, but the sound if you equip it properly with a nice sound system will blow your mind.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Sgt PSN

IGY....buy a blu ray player.  Then buy The Wire box set. Then give me your Eagles tix because you'll never leave the house.

ice grillin you

i appreciate the love for home theaters and blu rays and the like but that stuff just doesnt do anything for me....i dont need anything more than regular hd television....i just would like to get netflix streamed to it...and really i only wanna do that because they changed their service a couple months ago and its not worth getting the mail order service anymore

also if the nba wasnt DOA this year i wouldnt be getting netflix at all but im gonna have a lot more free weeknights this year...in other words im not trying to reinvent my tv wheel...i just wanna stream netflix movies

PhillyPhanInDC

Netflix's online library is zesty - and getting worse. NFL Films release all kinds of junk in Blu-Ray.....regardless, just get the Blu-Ray player.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

ice grillin you

already pulled the trigger on the roku

for 79 bucks i wouldnt care if netflix went under next week

Seabiscuit36

or for 100 you could have had both.  Fargtard
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

charlie

congrats on being the 4th person to buy a ruku

ice grillin you

cnet absolutely raves about it...but if it sucks ill just return it...you have free use of it for a month

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on October 18, 2011, 01:02:08 PM
or for 100 you could have had both.  Fargtard

i dont even watch dvd's much less blurays...no use for it so no need to pay the extra

PhillyPhanInDC

ice grillin you

understood but whatever "and more" is im sure i wont be using it.....i cant recall the last time i watched a dvd at home other than the wire...its been years...so i wont even be using that part of it

but im open to having my mind changed....what is all the other stuff it does

PhillyPhanInDC

Blu-ray player, VieraCast, Netflix, Amazon VOD, YouTube, Pandora, Twitter, CinemaNow, Built-in Wi-Fi, Skype, Verizon FiOS.....and on and on.