Computer Geeks Unite! And farging help me!

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2006, 08:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on July 21, 2011, 08:31:48 AM
I'm now seeing notices from software vendors, explaining what programs are having problems with Lion. Seems like a good plan to wait until they have the wrinkles ironed out.

thx Sus!
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PoopyfaceMcGee

I gots to wait until corporate IT decides to roll it on out for us anyway.

Susquehanna Birder

Dillen

I wiped my laptop clean about a month ago. It's been running perfectly for 2-3 weeks, and then one day after I logged in came up with the error along the lines of "Windows has changed", there has been an unauthorized change, and I need to validate Windows. There's a link that says Validate My Windows, takes me to a validation page, which just sits there and loads. For farging ever. Once I left, let it sit for 4 hours, it actually went through, and then when I logged in again, the same error came up. So that process doesn't work. I've found out Windows apparently does this validation bullshtein now whenever you have "new" Microsoft programs, but is becoming a huge pain in the ass. I've always liked Windows, but all these stupid automatic updates and validations and any other chicken shtein bullshtein they're coming up with now is really making me hate it.

Sgt PSN

You're just now hating Windows?  You're one sick farg. 

Munson

Gotta buy a new battery...Is a 12 cell battery so bulky to the point that it makes using the laptop a burden? Or is it worth the extra time the battery gives you?
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Tomahawk

Have any of you created an app for a smartphone? Where do you start?

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Tomahawk on August 14, 2011, 03:55:31 PM
Have any of you created an app for a smartphone? Where do you start?

On a computer, most likely.

ice grillin you

is their a relatively cheap way to stream netflix to your tv...im not trying to buy a video game system or a new laptop with an hdmi plug....is there another way?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Check Netflix website.  Should be under "watch instantly" or just go to FAQ's to see a list of devices. 

Best bet is to probably just buy a blu ray player if you don't already have one.  If you do, it should have netflix on it.

edit - Just so you know, they make blu ray players with wireless adapters built in so that you don't have to run a cat 5 cable from your player to your modem (assuming they are not located within close proximity of each other).   

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 17, 2011, 07:40:11 PM
is their a relatively cheap way to stream netflix to your tv...im not trying to buy a video game system or a new laptop with an hdmi plug....is there another way?

Target was selling some box - almost like a streaming tuner - for about $100.  Not sure if it's what you're looking for.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Geowhizzer on October 17, 2011, 08:34:11 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on October 17, 2011, 07:40:11 PM

Target was selling some box - almost like a streaming tuner - for about $100.  Not sure if it's what you're looking for.

That's ROKU.  It's good for streaming Netflix and it also has it's own cache of tv shows and stuff that you can watch.  It's like HULU in a box.  I thought of suggesting it, but I don't think igy would use it for anything other than the Netflix.  At least with a blu ray player, it's got more apps that he can use like Pandora, MLBTV, etc, etc. 

Sgt PSN

Whoa....I just read the product description on that ROKU and there's a lot more ish than on the version I'm familiar with.  Curious about all the "live sporting events" that you can watch.  It's probably bass fishing, rally car racing and darts.  No way it's any of the major US sports leagues. 

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 17, 2011, 09:15:55 PM
Whoa....I just read the product description on that ROKU and there's a lot more ish than on the version I'm familiar with.  Curious about all the "live sporting events" that you can watch.  It's probably bass fishing, rally car racing and darts.  No way it's any of the major US sports leagues.

Don't forget major league cricket.

Diomedes

my farging Mom has Roku and uses it

if she can sort that out, anyone can
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger