Computer Geeks Unite! And farging help me!

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2006, 08:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DH

anyone know how to make a webpage appear in full? so as to not scroll downward or sideways?

thanks nerds.

Sgt PSN

I'm pretty sure you're always going to have to scroll down to view a webpage......unless said webpage doesn't have much vertical content (like Google's homepage for example).  As far as needing to scroll sideways, try holding down the Control button and move the scroll wheel on your mouse backwards (towards you) and see if that helps. 

DH

Sgt PSN

DH

Tomahawk

Quote from: General_Failure on March 06, 2011, 07:16:57 PM
Or you can get Open Office, which is free and works with MS Office's formats just fine.

Is that the one from Sun? If so, I've had some problems with spreadsheets correctly converting formulas

Munson

Turns out its the charger port that's busted, not the cord. Geek squad says it'll cost 130 to fix ugh :boom
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

QB Eagles

Quote from: SunMo on March 06, 2011, 05:46:33 PMso, if i search for a windows office torrent, what do i do after i download it?  is it as easy as clicking on the downloaded file and it will install?

It kinda depends on the torrent. Sometimes they are in .rar format and need to be "unRARed" after download to put the file together. Other times you'll need to burn the disc image. And sometimes you need to apply a crack (included or not) to defeat the copy protection or activation system.

Most of the time, specific instructions for install are provided either in the downloaded files, or on the website where you download the file.

One last piece of advice, let other downloaders be the guinea pigs. Occasionally there will be a virus or it'll be some kind of sting operation by the copyright owner. I generally wait until other downloaders claim things are working fine before I touch stuff like that.

hbionic

Does anyone know of a good 'FREE' program that merges multiple pdf files into one?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Sgt PSN

Do you have a scanner available to use? 

hbionic

No. Hence the reason for the question. Plus, the project I need to work on would kill me if I had to scan shtein.

hbionic

Quote from: hbionic on March 14, 2011, 02:47:06 PM
Does anyone know of a good 'FREE' program that merges multiple pdf files into one?

Or inexpensive ones for that matter?

hbionic

Sgt PSN

Try going to www.cnet.com and see if you can find something there.  They've got software for anything and everything imaginable....lots of free stuff too. 

hbionic