Computer Geeks Unite! And farging help me!

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2006, 08:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susquehanna Birder

I haven't done it personally, but supposedly Snow Leopard supports Exchange for mail and calendars. There are a few examples of it out in Google land, but I can't vouch for the accuracy.

Susquehanna Birder

Oh, and Microsoft is supposedly releasing a full-blown Outlook client in Mac Office soon.

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: PhillyGirl on March 26, 2010, 02:28:03 PM
OK, so my boss needs us to start using the Exchange server at work.

I use a Macbook and work from my home office.

How in the hell do I do this?

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on March 26, 2010, 02:36:16 PM
I haven't done it personally, but supposedly Snow Leopard supports Exchange for mail and calendars. There are a few examples of it out in Google land, but I can't vouch for the accuracy.

Ical, Address Book and the Mail app in Snow Leopard will snap in with Exchange....provided it's Exchange 2007.

For Exchange 2003, you'd need to have them by you Entourage, which is a piece of shtein.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhanInDC

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

PhillyPhanInDC

Virtual Private Network. It's basically creating a secure, encrypted tunnel from a remote user (like you being at home), to the company's network. Using it, you'd be able to access your company's e-mail, file shares, etc., from anywhere with an internet connection. The fact that you are asking what it is leads me to believe you, and/or your company, probably aren't currently using one.

PhillyGirl

this is what I got from work:

QuoteHello, Samantha

You need to start using our new Exchange Server.

To start using it please follow instruction

Where you will be asked for a data  use following values

[insert my name, email addy and password]

Prerequisites

* Close Outlook

* Ensure that outlook is closed Press Win + R and enter

taskkill /IM outlook.exe

Creating an Outlook Profile Using Autodiscover

1. Click the Windows Start button.

2. Select Control Panel.

3. Double-click the Mail icon. You may need to switch to Classic View to find the Mail icon.

4. Click the Show Profiles button.

5. Click the Add button to build a new profile.

6. Enter "exchange" as name for this profile, as desired. This is for your reference only. Then click the OK button.

7. In the resulting window, enter the following information:

• Your Name – Enter your name, as you would like it to be displayed within Outlook.
• E-Mail Address – Enter your full e-mail address.
• Enter your email password in the Password and Retype Password fields, and then click Next.

8. You may see a pop-up window, asking if you want to "Allow this website to configure your server settings." If so,
check the box for "Don't ask me about this website again" then click Allow.

9. When prompted, enter your username and password, as provided by your administrator.

10. Then you should see a message that states, "Your e-mail account is successfully  configured to use Microsoft Exchange."

11. Click Finish

12. Outlook will open and you can start using your Hosted Exchange Mailbox.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyGirl

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyGirl

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons