Computer Geeks Unite! And farging help me!

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2006, 08:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reese125

good looking out on that site Zan, that actually helps me big time

PoopyfaceMcGee

Even the Google office products aren't so bad (and also free).

MDS

im anal and need word 2003. ill pay for it if i have to.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Can't you make the GUI for the new version mimic the old one?

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

The BIGSTUD

I'm uploading it now. It'll take a while. About 550 megs. Do you know how to open ISO files?

If not I can tell you or you can just google it. All you need is a specific program. It isn't all that difficult. My office is in ISO format though. It is actually easier this way, otherwise it is just a bunch of setup/system files all in different folders.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

The BIGSTUD

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_file

All you need to get is a program that opens the file and it will prompt the install. Very simple and easy to do.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

MDS

im trying not to farg up this cpu with stupid downloads.

The BIGSTUD

It won't farg up your computer. Eventually you'll have to download and install some programs. Millions of people use ISO formatted files, they are very commonly used, and there are plenty of safe programs out there to download from reputable sites that can load them for you.

But if you really don't want it, then I'll cancel the upload. It is at 26%. You said you really wanted Office 2003, and I have it. It is just much easier to send to you as an ISO.

The BIGSTUD

Forgot to say that you have another option. You can just burn the ISO to a disc and load it from there. You won't need to download any additional program that way. I assume you have a CD-RW drive with software already on the computer?

General_Failure

Windows Resource Kit. Has a DOS program to burn ISOs for you. To save myself the trouble later, the command is

cdburn d: c:\warez.iso

where D: is you burner and warez.iso is your file name. Put it right in C: drive to save yourself the hassle of dealing with folders.

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

i have no clue what either one of you just said

The BIGSTUD

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: King Cole on January 17, 2009, 10:17:04 PM
check your PM

Could you PM me the same thing regarding Word, I need it for this semester.