16-17 Sixers Season Thread

Started by MDS, October 04, 2016, 07:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

seeing a lot of twitter freakout

need to see the protections on the pick obviously, but was NN going to resign as jojo's backup? uhhh probably not. so getting something for him makes sense. was this enough? i dont know.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

rjs246

Yeah, it seems pretty clear that he wasn't going to resign as a backup so I guess getting something in return is better than the alternative. Still.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

the decrease in protections definitely matters but if you are trading a big just to get rid of a big which it seems like thats what this is then you do that with jah cause he cant ever play with embiid and has no redeeming qualities where as nn is an elite defender

they should dealt jah for a box of rocks and resigned nerlens because he holds value and could be traded down the road at some point
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

bogut is a pizzagate truther.

nerlens was my favorite player by far other than jojo and i'm surprisingly emotionless about this. guess most of us felt it coming. still surprised he went before jah tho.

but yes the protection on that pick next year is the biggest piece of this.

Sgt PSN

Stupid trade.  The 1st they get in return is top 18 protected. 

phattymatty

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 23, 2017, 12:08:46 PM
resigned nerlens because he holds value and could be traded down the road at some point

Yes. unless there is something we don't know about and he just hates philly now, this was the sensible route to go.

MDS

resigned nerlens

sure, but does nerlens wants to resign and be joel's backup? in a perfect world it would be great to have him as an insurance policy, and hey, maybe he can play the 4 in certain situations, but was that actually going to happen?

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

smeags

so now trying to trade bogut before offering a buyout.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

rjs246

Quote from: smeags on February 23, 2017, 12:19:20 PM
so now trying to trade bogut before offering a buyout.

I mean, of course they are. He's useless to them. If they can get a 2nd rounder for him I'll be stunned.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

MDS

i thought this was a fair and reasoned take from gonzo, of all people

QuoteNeed the dirty details of pick protection before deciding on trade, but in vacuum would've liked to keep Noel & check RFA market value

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on February 23, 2017, 12:12:01 PM
resigned nerlens

sure, but does nerlens wants to resign and be joel's backup? in a perfect world it would be great to have him as an insurance policy, and hey, maybe he can play the 4 in certain situations, but was that actually going to happen?

theres not a ton of positions in the nba anymore....its about lineups not depth charts...nn could easily play with and without embiid...minutes would not have been an issue...plain and simple coangelo didnt like him

PhillyPhreak54

Stupid farging idiots

Told you colangelo is a half wit dumbfarg

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on February 23, 2017, 12:21:45 PM
i thought this was a fair and reasoned take from gonzo, of all people

QuoteNeed the dirty details of pick protection before deciding on trade, but in vacuum would've liked to keep Noel & check RFA market value

you mean keep the guy who holds value and get rid of the other guy?

never heard that before

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 23, 2017, 12:23:50 PM
Stupid farging idiots

Told you colangelo is a half wit dumbfarg

i feel we're in store for some piping hot j hot takes today

phattymatty

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 23, 2017, 12:23:13 PM

theres not a ton of positions in the nba anymore....its about lineups not depth charts...nn could easily play with and without embiid...minutes would not have been an issue...plain and simple coangelo didnt like him

yuup...nn and joel had played only 8 minutes together this year. i knew it wasn't much but that is ridiculous.