16-17 Sixers Season Thread

Started by MDS, October 04, 2016, 07:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

I'm honestly fine either way but making the playoffs and still getting a top 10 pick from the Kings would be the best case scenario.

PhillyPhreak54

Playoffs or bust.

Let's gooooo. Havas will be IN eventually

MDS

if they make the playoffs - they wont - they need to face boston

farg boston
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

thats cause you guys dont live and die with the sixers...when you dont its easy to say i dont care what happens this year or they should try and make the playoffs...if this was the eagles or whoever your favorite team is you would be singing a very different tune
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

can you finally admit the sixers are your favorite team
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

they arent...i would feel the same way if this was any of the other three teams....in fact i was pissed last year when the flyers went from a top 5 pick to a massive run to the playoffs

but i know that the sixers are not a lot of peoples favorites and thus they dont really care either way...really im giving them the benefit of the doubt cause if its not that then its ignorance and stupidity as a sports fan

MDS

mostly people are sick of them tanking and are just happy theyre watchable...embiid also has the city eating out of his hand so if he says playoffs everyone jumps too

rjs246

I am not the world's biggest basketball fan, but I love watching NBA teams that defend (not college teams that defend, farg that, "college teams that defend" is just code for "white kids trying hard"). Watching athletically improbable giants try and succeed at stopping other giants from scoring is a lot of fun. And for that reason I am enjoying the shtein out of this team. Covington, Saric, Ersan, Noel and Embiid all defend like crazy and it's a lot of fun. TJ and Sergio belong in my local rec league, but whatever. Since I am not invested in this team the same way I am with the eagles/flyers I can say without question that the Sixers are the most fun I have watching sports right now.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

ersan is a joke of a defender and Dario is a willing guy but has been below average

when jo jo is on the court they are a top ten defensive team when he's not they basically suck...that's how good his rim protection has been

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 19, 2017, 09:17:16 PM
thats cause you guys dont live and die with the sixers...when you dont its easy to say i dont care what happens this year or they should try and make the playoffs...if this was the eagles or whoever your favorite team is you would be singing a very different tune

Explain to me why it's not best case scenario if they somehow make the playoffs but still get a top  pick from Sac. I'll wait.

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on January 20, 2017, 05:28:17 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on January 19, 2017, 09:17:16 PM

Explain to me why it's not best case scenario if they somehow make the playoffs but still get a top  pick from Sac. I'll wait.

because best case scenario is two top five picks...in no scenario is making the playoffs best anything....in sports the better your record is the worse your draft pick is....and in a draft that might have the best top 8 ever why wouldnt you want as many of those players as possible

i dont blame the players for trying to win they are athletes who want to win every game...but this jerk off session by the fans is infuriatingly short sighted

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 20, 2017, 08:32:40 AM
i dont blame the players for trying to win they are athletes who want to win every game...but this jerk off session by the fans is infuriatingly short sighted

blame jojo

you wanted him, you got him. hes a transcendent player and hysterical and says shtein. hes got the city wrapped up in his palm right now.

plus the hinkie bots and trust the process geeks are eager to jump on any shred of evidence that its working....part of why i despise hinkie are these subhuman hipster twats. farg spike eskin.

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 20, 2017, 08:32:40 AM

There's your angle