Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: MDS on May 06, 2020, 05:51:51 PM
none of us are wrong. go visit your ex wife or something....today aint your day chief

I was never married. 0-2 slugger

PhillyPhreak54

Geowhizzer

MDS

kenny r says we might have something in a few days...78 game season.

feels incomplete but something is better than nothing
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on May 09, 2020, 06:11:16 PM
kenny r says we might have something in a few days...78 game season.

feels incomplete but something is better than nothing

Agreed on both parts.  The KBO is helping a little but is like bandaid on an amputation.

MDS

i watched a bit of a game last night. one team get 4 straight hits...then aaron altherr comes up and strikes out.

felt like the phillies were back
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Did you see the cutout fans behind home plate last night/this morning?  Classic.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

QuoteBobby Abreu reached base safely 24 more times than Tony Gwynn did in his career, despite 151 fewer plate appearances.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 12, 2020, 02:12:20 PM
QuoteBobby Abreu reached base safely 24 more times than Tony Gwynn did in his career, despite 151 fewer plate appearances.

I'll take your word for it but that's an amazing stat

QB Eagles

You could probably generate similar stats favoring Abreu against Ichiro too.

200 ground ball hits, 50 walks is a magical season. 180 hits, 100 walks is just okay.

MDS

abreu played in the wrong era. hed be a god now.

i wonder what would happen if someone with gwynn's hitting ability came along now. hed be forced to be more selective in order to walk more (thereby cutting down on his hitting total) and be coached to hit more for power (thereby cutting down on his hitting total). still...his 1997 season when he was legit fat. 37 years old. hit 372 with 17 bombs. theyd shift his ass into outs now though.

all in all he wound up with a 132 career ops+, just higher than abreu's 128.

ice grillin you

Quote from: AO1 on May 12, 2020, 04:23:32 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on May 12, 2020, 02:12:20 PM

I'll take your word for it but that's an amazing stat

not my word....i jacked it....and yes i couldnt believe it either when i read it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

This break from the bums has been great for my blood pressure.  We'd be 8 weeks in and I'd have holes in the wall, damaged keyboard, dogs would be cowering downstairs in fear, as Hector blows late game leads, Hoskins swings at air with men in scoring position, Arrieta scowling like a bitch, you know the usual.

I miss you guys.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

QB Eagles

It's only May 20. It's possible they wouldn't have even started sucking for another week or two.

Geowhizzer