We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

this one is not even like that...shes just braindead

you cannot underestimate how many stupid people there are who are just unwittingly going about their lives. just pure ignorance and selfishness. not even malicious or trying to score points on their anti-vax facebook groups. just cranial lumps who dont get it.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

As much as I want to put all of this on the anti-science Republican death cult, I have to admit you're right.  It's more satisfying to hate on the barbarians, but the reality is they aren't the only ones spreading the disease because humans are basically just hairless monkeys at the end of the day.

In Baltimore City, in a State that's doing much better than most, elective surgeries are being gradually, programatically cancelled to make room for Covid patients, who are now being pushed into surgical recovery beds because capacity on general units is scarce or non-existant.  Nurses will soon be re-assigned from their fields of specialty in order to care for the Covid patients.  I know for a fact that at even the highest, most prestigious institutions, 9 months into this farging catastrophe, PPE supplies are being rationed.  My wife has to re-use N95 masks.  She doesn't work for bumfarg hospital in nowhereville. 

It didn't have to be this way.  I may not in good conscience be able to lump everyone into my hate orgy for anti-science Republicans, but it's true that Democrats have not been telling people this is no big deal, and it's true that they have not been in a position to direct the response.  The stink of COVID death clings to Republicans in America.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

there are 330 million americans...75ish voted for biden. subtract people with disabilities and small kids and you have like 250 million people who are in an anti-science cult or willfully ignorant buffoons.

we are the minority in this country - normal responsible people.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Zanshin

New tagline. CF: Home of the normal, responsible people.....

General_Failure

Amazing, considering how this place started because I was a garbage idiot baby.

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1327032993031069701

Honestly, this thread title is getting less sarcastic by the day.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on November 13, 2020, 10:26:01 AM
As much as I want to put all of this on the anti-science Republican death cult

how could you...since march theres been a thousand videos of bars, lakes and beaches, etc packed with hundreds or evens thousands of young idiots shoulder to shoulder who dont even know what a republican is...

just about all republicans are stupid but not all stupid people are republican

that being said i would bet even these dolts if polled would overwhelmingly be trumpers even if they dont really know why
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Publix is our local supermarket chain here.  They have mask-wearing requirements to shop in their stores.  I counted no less than 10 customers in there last night without masks.  And it wasn't children either.  They were white, black, male, female, older and younger.

I'm done being angry or outraged anymore.  It's a waste of time because no one is going to do anything about it here. 

I personally think they should all be made to work Covid wards without masks or PPE until they become infected.  Then just put them in a room together and let nature take its course.  Throw DeSantis, Scott, Gaetz, Rubio and the rest of the deplorables in there with them for good measure. 

Diomedes

November 4th was the first day we reported over 100k new cases in a day.  Metrics have not dropped below that since.  Yesterday, we were above 150k.  That's one week to go from 100k to 150k.

So, question:  how long before we see more than 200k new daily cases?  Tomorrow?  Early next week?

How high does it go?  300k new daily cases before Thanksgiving?

Jesus farging Christ this is a disaster.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Diomedes

I know that area.  Not surprising that something like this happened there.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Eagaholic

I think 320 million could qualify as an end in sight.

Eagaholic

Well, we all knew this day would come. Or already did some time ago.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/south-dakota-emergency-room-nurse-says-some-patients-insist-covid-19-isnt-real-even-as-theyre-dying-from-it-2020-11-16?mod=MW_article_top_stories

Edit: I TOLD YOU IDIOTS I DON'T HAVE COVID GODDAMMIT! It must just be some lung cancer or sompin.

Diomedes

I just read the WaPo version of that article.  I guess I'm a ghoul, but I hope more people like that just farging die.  farg them, farg their families.  They are people who fire guns into a crowd and blame the bleeding victims for not dodging the bullets while whining "muh rights."  I want to shout it from the mountaintops:  let them all die.  It's good when bad things happen to bad people.

Eagaholic

Perhaps we can take solace in some Darwinian effect going on here. But it doesn't account for the lost lives of healthcare workers trying to help these mouth breathers tracheal breathers.