2008 Phillies Spring Training Thread

Started by Wingspan, February 14, 2008, 12:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

He was a jackass for not signing the extension in the first place.  He wasn't going to be successful in Philly anyway.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on March 14, 2008, 11:11:46 AM
He wasn't going to be successful in Philly anyway.

why do you think they didnt sign him
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

Murphy
The report from Brad Lidge continues to be positive. We caught up with the Phillies closer a few minutes after he completed the next big step in his recovery from knee surgery -- facing live hitters -- and he said he thinks he could make his first Grapefruit League appearance of the spring by the middle of next week.
Lidge faced about 10 hitters and threw about 35 pitches, looking very sharp. He said he felt no pain in his knee, which he re-injured three weeks ago Saturday in a live batting practice session. Lidge had arthroscopic surgery Feb. 25 in Philadelphia.
"I honestly feel like I could go out in games right now and face guys but I know they obviously want to make sure I can work through drills and stuff and be able to field my position before I go out into a game," said Lidge, acquired in an offseason trade with Houston.
Assuming he builds up enough lateral strength to field, Lidge said he thinks he could pitch in a game Wednesday or Thursday. He'll definitely throw one more controlled practice session on Monday before working toward his first live appearance.
Today was the first time Lidge faced hitters since injuring the knee almost three weeks ago.
"It gets you back in the groove of game situations," Lidge said. "Throwing a bullpen, you can say that looked like a good pitch, but you don't really know until you see a hitter react to it. That's what you kind of need when you are facing hitters."

Zolecki

Friday, March 14, 2008
Lidge Takes Another Step

Brad Lidge's fastball sizzled toward home plate this morning at the Carpenter Complex.
Pete LaForest took a hack.
He made contact, but the ball jammed him so badly that the bat snapped in half. The barrel came to rest on the infield dirt between first and second base.
Only the handle remained.
Lidge threw live batting practice for the first time since he injured his right knee Feb. 23, which forced him to have arthroscopic surgery Feb. 25. Lidge is scheduled to throw in a simulated game Monday. He has a chance to pitch in a Grapefruit League game after that.
"It definitely felt good," he said. "I didn't feel my knee at all. It was good for me to face hitters, for sure. Most of my stuff felt pretty good. Mechanically, I'm probably not totally happy, but that should come really soon. Obviously, that's my first outing in a while. But the way the ball is coming out of my hand it feels really good. I think I should be able to catch up real fast.

DOOOOOOOOMMMMMMEDDDD!
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Agreed.  His recovery is going all too well.  Something bad is about to happen to him.

ice grillin you

what o/u date of his first injury?

june 1st?

SunMo

just so you know, you're on the same side of the street with wing on this...that can't be good

for either of you
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SunMo on March 14, 2008, 12:52:14 PM
just so you know, you're on the same side of the street with wing on this

every dog has his day

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 14, 2008, 12:44:20 PM
what o/u date of his first injury?

june 1st?

Let's be clear.  The knee setback from the first throw off a mound was injury 1.  We're already looking for injury two.

That said, I would definitely take the under.

ice grillin you

true...i should have clarified it and said regular season injury

imma get crazy and take the over...but i think youll definitely hear the words "will not be back until after the all star break" in regards to brad lidge this year

PoopyfaceMcGee

True, but an even more likely scenario is that he'll be demoted to setting up for Myers.

This is yet another reason the Phils are so lucky to have 5 guys that can start games.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 14, 2008, 01:07:03 PM
true...i should have clarified it and said regular season injury

imma get crazy and take the over

Not crazy at all.  He'll get hurt in the final spring training game and won't be back until mid-June, at which point he throws a perfect 9th in his first appearance and re-injures himself in his 2nd appearance that knocks him out for a month.  Cholly says he'll be out until after the AS Break and you win on both accounts. 

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

ill go ten on that phreak if you want

but its gotta be >15

15 is a push

<15 i win

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

we did....ha