Jason Peters - Philadelphia Eagle

Started by mikey418, April 17, 2009, 01:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

Their track record with draft picks speaks for itself.

The man. The myth. The legend.

QB Eagles

Dillard is unqualified trash at RT. Jury is still out at left tackle imo. From what we saw, he still made errors but didn't get blown up on the regular like he did when he was on the right. Held his own against Khalil Mack. He's still in development. I think the Birds are right to give him this shot but make no mistake, the audition is over at the end of the season. It's not like continuing to trot out an increasingly broken-down JP at the position is any kind of solution.

PhillyPhreak54

JP said if they want him at LT they need to pay more

Diomedes

Good for him.  Would love even more now to learn what his contract language was. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

i dont think they can contract for position. this is more of a JP power move which you gotta respect
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

He can just retire and they're out an RG as well
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Pay him LT money for exactly how many games he plays there.  He usually lasts three or four series at this point, so farg it.   The Birds can afford another ten grand or so.

Diomedes

They can't afford shtein.  They're way way over the cap, and that's only going to get worse when next years cap is less than this year's.

QB Eagles

They currently have plenty of room under the cap for 2020. Only a handful of teams have more cap room. The issue is that 2021's cap is a disaster, so they'd like to be able to cake off people like Ertz this year to shift salary hits out of next year.

Rome

Quote from: Diomedes on August 30, 2020, 07:39:12 AM
They can't afford shtein.  They're way way over the cap, and that's only going to get worse when next years cap is less than this year's.

They're 23.5M under the cap for 2020, Dio.  Next year is when they'll have issues to deal with but even then Howie will easily maneuver them out from under it.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

Diomedes

This is how I learn things:  I say stuff I don't know anything about, usually loudly.

Then I eat shtein.

Rome

Not at all.  I thought they were totally screwed this year until I looked it up. 

How they can go from $23.5M under to $60M over in a single year is one for the books, that's for sure. 

General_Failure

Quote from: Diomedes on August 30, 2020, 11:16:05 AM
This is how I learn things:  I say stuff I don't know anything about, usually loudly.

Then I eat shtein.

A wrong statement is more likely to get you the correct answer than asking an honest question on the internet.

PhillyPhreak54

General_Failure

We'll see if he can make it through both games of the season.