Political Hippo Circle Jerk - America, farg YEAH!

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, December 11, 2006, 01:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Tomahawk

We don't have a police force to protect and serve; we have a domestic military force to ensure compliance

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Diomedes

lol, a Nationality?  Okay.  This is getting weird. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Not that I agree with it but Jews are already heavily referenced as a nationality.

Rome

Got to love it when a government censors unpopular speech. 

Oh wait, no we don't.

Tomahawk

Jews aren't referenced as a nationality; they're referenced as a race.

phattymatty

Honestly I have no idea what any of this means but it seems to be pretty split even among the jewish community.  I'm sure there's some racist reasoning behind it, can someone explain?

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: phattymatty on December 11, 2019, 04:01:43 PM
Honestly I have no idea what any of this means but it seems to be pretty split even among the jewish community.  I'm sure there's some racist reasoning behind it, can someone explain?

its a russian thing....in fact russian jews birth certificates list their nationality as jewish....in other words its yet another russian talking point/belief where trump is carry the water for them

i think the reason its split is because the idea in general and what trump is proposing policy wise is appealing to a lot of jews but in a vaccum it looks a lot like trump is doing more putin bidding

General_Failure

Is US politics, this is usually catering to the fundies who think they need access to Israel for the End of Days.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

He's pandering to right wing religious nuts. 

Shocker.

ice grillin you

Quote from: General_Failure on December 11, 2019, 06:02:22 PM
Is US politics, this is usually catering to the fundies who think they need access to Israel for the End of Days.

You should have met Ronald Reagan

Tomahawk

Quote from: phattymatty on December 11, 2019, 04:01:43 PM

It's a combo of class-ism and racism.

When State U. doesn't take action against people who discriminate against Jews by speaking ill of Israel, it will allow our government to provide less funding to those schools. Biasedly, I have little doubt that Trump, and the people who crafted the EO for him, believe most of those people will be brown, ideally Islamic.