Anyone seen a good movie lately?

Started by henchmanUK, December 09, 2004, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

I watched probably the dumbest movie ever made yesterday (San Andreas).  It was so bad it actually made me hate myself even more just for wasting two hours of what little time I have left.

I'm fine with popcorn movies.  I can suspend my disbelief with the best of 'em.  But everything about it was horrendous.  The action and CGI were jokes.  The acting was laughable (despite having some Oscar-winning talent) and the script was so cringe-worthy, I actually laughed out loud several times during "dramatic" scenes.

Amazingly enough, it was so implausible and insulting to anyone with an IQ over 50, I actually enjoyed the hell out of it.  It was like grudge-farging your girl's roommate after she cheats on you.  Sure, you feel guilty afterward, but during?  Sure, why not? 

Quality:  F -

Would I watch it again:  A+

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 14, 2020, 11:48:26 PM
I'm appalled that it took you until now to watch Jaws and DieHard.

Get yo shtein together son

wait until you find out how many star wars ive seen
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I don't hate on that bc I'm not down with Star Wars or Star Trek

Geowhizzer

Made the kids watch Just Mercy tonight.  A little melodramatic at times, but overall it's a poignant look at the Walter McMillan case in Alabama.

It's free to rent on Amazon Prime for the rest of the month if you haven't seen it yet.

SD

Ford vs Ferrari - 5 stars. Great freakin movie. 

PhillyPhreak54

Agreed.

I really enjoyed it. The Shelby doc on Netflix is great as well and helps fill in some stuff from the movie.

Rome

LeMans is a better movie about a similar subject.  Damon played himself and Bale disappears into the role like he always does, so it wasn't bad or anything.  The wife was kinda hot.  The cars were cool.  I liked the driving bits.  The writing was awful.  Still, not the worst two hours Ive ever spent.

Solid B-, I guess.

ice grillin you

pretty much thought the same...

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 08, 2020, 11:12:41 AM
fvf - until the very end ford v. ferrari is your typical cliché ridden corny predictable sports movie....without christian bales performance its not any better than something like invincible....disgraceful best pic nomination
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

If you don't appreciate or have an interest in cars I completely understand not liking it. I had no idea it was nominated for best picture because I don't follow that stuff. I also had no idea that story existed so the unfamiliarity of it made it much more intriguing.

ice grillin you

thats true....i think its definitely for gear heads and not only am i disinterested in cars i actually retch a little whenever im around people who start talking about them
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

i felt the same way. im legit bored by car talk.

the movie is a boomer dad special which is why it got oscar noms. its fine. its solid. but its so far below like 15 other things that werent nominated.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Rome

Evidently they're rebooting Star Wars and pretending the final three movies aren't part of canon.

https://cosmicbook.news/disney-resetting-star-wars-erasing-last-jedi

Ummm... what the frak?

General_Failure

Okay, so we were handcuffed by directors butchering each other's work, studio meddling, and China not wanting a black guy as a hero, but this time it'll be different! We won't hire the black guy!

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome