Anyone seen a good movie lately?

Started by henchmanUK, December 09, 2004, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Lol.  He has to be trolling.  The Blazing Saddles comment was one thing but giving Jaws anything less than five out of five is borderline retarded.

ice grillin you

word

it's not my favorite but i know multiple people who think it's the best movie ever made...die hard is mindless popcorn crap...the deepest thing about it is arguing whether it's a Christmas movie or not
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

Yeah, Jaws is in GOAT discussion. Ends up staying on my TV every time I flip through channels and its on.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

Quote from: Rome on June 14, 2020, 04:04:33 PM
Lol.  He has to be trolling.  The Blazing Saddles comment was one thing but giving Jaws anything less than five out of five is borderline retarded.

jaws is a horror movie...its a perfect horror movie but its a horror movie i cant go past a certain point for that

blazing saddles is an old man movie with old man jokes and references. its 50+ years old. i dont expect some 17 year old to cry of laughter at seinfeld. comedy is inherently cultural.

die hard meanwhile is a flawless action movie, a genre i respect

any other takes your geriatric fargs
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

The best part of Die Hard was the "Christmas in Hollis" scene. 

I can't stand Bruce Willis personally and not just because he's a Republican scumbag.  He's a zesty actor who plays the same character in every movie.  Boring.

MDS

i dont like him either the reason he plays john mcclain in every movie is because he was so good doing it this one time in the 80s

and its not a christmas movie or even a hannukah movie
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Jaws isn't horror.  It's suspenseful, yes, but there's a lot more going on in it than even the best the horror genre can offer. 

There's probably 50 scenes in it not involving the shark that are GOAT-worthy.  Having grown up in a seashore town, I can honestly say the depiction of locals as boorish, selfish and provincial iceholes is startlingly and uncomfortably spot on.

Roy Scheider in the scene with his little boy at the kitchen table should be taught in master classes.  And don't get me started on Robert Shaw describing the aftermath of the Indianapolis disaster.

I mean Jesus Christ - the whole movie is one classic scene after another...

MDS

i didnt say it was bad...but the shark is like freddy or jason. a slasher. i mean its a lot better and more nuanced than farging friday the 13th, but its a killer shark tormenting white people. thats the movie.

i went the highest i could go for this type of film, i didnt give 5/5 to the art of the deal

ice grillin you

who cares if jaws is horror or not...fwiw i dont think it is...but its film making at the highest possible level

thinking die hard is better art than jaws reminds me of how farged we are as a country

MDS

rip america

1776-2020

killed by todd's movie opinions

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on June 14, 2020, 06:35:39 PM
rip america

1776-2020

killed by todd's movie opinions

So Trump's YOUR fault?  icehole!

Rome

Well, Hillary did steal defeat from the Jaws of victory, so...

PhillyPhreak54

I'm appalled that it took you until now to watch Jaws and DieHard.

Get yo shtein together son

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 14, 2020, 11:48:26 PM
I'm appalled that it took you until now to watch Jaws and DieHard.

Get yo shtein together son

too busy watching Seinfeld re-runs

General_Failure

Which had worse sequels, Jaws or Die Hard?

The man. The myth. The legend.