Anyone seen a good movie lately?

Started by henchmanUK, December 09, 2004, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

my besty noms in order...

1a - parasite – not much more to be said about this...as perfect a movie as you can make on every single level

1b - once upon a time in hollywood – genius tarantino strikes again...leo is out of his god damn mind in this...its going to be a travesty when he loses to joker...seen it three times now and it gets better each time i see it i think because first time i saw it i was so infatuated by things like the sets costumes and music and less about story or acting...when start seeing new things with each viewing and it all comes together it becomes a total masterpiece

1c - little women – greta gerwig is my mother farging hero and i would watch a pro trump propaganda film if she made it

there is a monumental gap right here as the above three will all go down as first ballot HOF movies...if you ask me right now my favorite of the year its little women but i put it third cause i dont think it will age quite as well as the other two

4 - marriage story – really good watch and adam driver is soooooo good but at the end of it I couldn't get past the idea that I just saw a great tv movie drama with better actors...perhaps because I saw it on tv....a movie theater experience perhaps makes this better

5 - jo jo rabbit – although poignant I thought the humor and montages were a little much at times and that kept the movie from transcending...very good and interesting effort tho

6 - 1917 – dunkirk on the ground....excellently crafted but pretty much forgettable

7 - fvf - until the very end ford v. ferrari is your typical cliché ridden corny predictable sports movie....without christian bales performance its not any better than something like invincible....disgraceful nomination

8 - irishman – complete waste of time...hasn't this exact movie been done a trillion times before including by scorcese himself...only marty would be allowed to get away with this

joker – haven't seen
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

youll love joker, go see it

the reason youve been held back is because of your white male penis and this movie is an excuse for your wretched behavior
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Thought Joker was mediocre and didn't fit with his character

MDS

ODDS ALERT: parasite had been sitting +300/+250 area for weeks. now down to a +160

the acting and directing are lock city, so this is the one to keep an eye on. i got parasite at +300 and sam mendes at +180 before they went down. i also got parasite for editing at -150, its now down to E and ticks behind ford ferrari. ouch.

tried to rank:

parasite
-
-
once upon a time
little women
-
...........uncut gems
...........knives out
-
-
-
-
(100 more)
1917 marriage story jojo rabbitt irishman
-
-
(1000 more)
ford ferrari
-
-
(all the maga hats in the world)
joker
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

ice grillin you

MDS

between that and pitt, fox got its content for the week

ice grillin you

i have no idea why eminem did that but the oscars should have a rap song segment every year

SD

MDS

bong is the shock of shocks....mendes had this won and locked up

happy to be wrong because this was a masterpiece

MDS

lets farging goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

cannot wait for the right wing bad faith takes

ice grillin you

better than parasite winning was the irishman going 0-10

phattymatty

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 09, 2020, 09:37:51 PM
i have no idea why eminem did that but the oscars should have a rap song segment every year

i just can't believe 8 mile is 18 years old. what the farg.

ice grillin you

mike wallace is here – interesting look at his interview career mostly with some personal stuff mixed it...the amount of famous people he interviewed is pretty crazy but you gotta really be into 60 minutes and wallace himself to care tho

5/10

burning – great super layered mystery thriller that leaves you thinking the entire time....thru out the movie you are trying to figure out if the protagonist dislikes his rival to the point of painting him evil if the rival really is evil itself and this goes on until the last incredible scene and still will make you think long after the movie is over

8/10

the guilty – probably the best movie of 2018...shot in a single location with essentially one on camera actor who plays a 911 operator who takes a call about an abducted woman...from there you get a great thriller with some really good twists and turns all backed by an incredible lead performance

9/10

white boy rick – kinda interesting true story that is carried by good acting and dragged down by a weak screenplay...it ultimately wants you to feel sorry for a drug dealing white guy who went to jail for to long over a drug conviction for moving heroin...which while true its hard to feel a lot over it when black guys were getting 10 years for nickel bags of weed

5.5/10

white boy – this is an accompanying documentary to the above movie...nothing ong with checking out both but I personally only mess with the doc...it's a lot better

7.5/10

one child nation – one of the most gruesome perverse things ive ever seen...its just incredible that this happened in the last 30 years and just ended in 2015...I don't even think the doc is particularly well made in fact it seems kind of cheesy but the story and the stuff you learn is just shocking and crazy

6/10

the nightingale – whoa what a tough watch...directed by the woman who did the Babadook a great horror film from a few years ago...that was a classic horror this is a horror/revenge tale film about colonization...slavery...racism and subjugation...the worst parts of it are almost unwatchable so I would not recommend it but I loved it and would put it up with almost any movie this year...its way better than at least five of the best pic nominees

8.5/10

skin – based on a true story about a white supremacist tryin to reform and change his life...jamie bell as the lead is fantastic but its tv movie superficial with zero nuance which kills it

3.4/10

the great hack – frightening dispiriting and just downright uber depressing documentary on Cambridge analytica and facebook and the disinformation campaging they both partake in

6/10

plus one – one of the best rom coms ever...the story is nothing new but the chemistry between the leads is off the charts and maya erskine is unreal in it...like she should have been nominated and maybe won good

10/10

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 10, 2020, 09:17:06 AM
better than parasite winning was the irishman going 0-10

Irishmen usually come up just short. 

(Snort)