Around the NFL - 2019

Started by MDS, February 11, 2019, 12:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

QB Eagles

The games aren't allowed to compete with Madden, so don't expect a similarly realistic NFL simulation.

Diomedes

NFL 2k5 was the best football video game I ever played. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

PhillyPhreak54

The Rams want to speak to a manager...NOW

QB Eagles

That might be the worst logo in North American professional sports, and I am including the XFL and MLS.

General_Failure

That's not even a passable esports logo.

SD

17 game schedule and expanded playoffs cba approved  :boo

Diomedes

60 vote margin

1,019 to 959

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

lol...this is how the pros do it:  Ravens getting Calais Campbell from Jacksonville for the same 5th round pick they got in return last year from Minnesota for a fargin' pre-season punter who is not even in the NFL anymore.

What's more, they add Campbell immediately after applying the non-exclusive tag to Judon, giving them way more security at the position and greatly improving their leverage with Judon.  Any team that wanted Judon before today now has less reason to offer a poison-pill contract because the Ravens have less need to match it.  Whatever happens, whoever he plays for, the move means less money for him.

edit: this post makes it sound like I'm happy Judon had a bad day.  I'm not; have nothing against him, just pointing out how well the Ravens FO played this situation

QB Eagles

Eagaholic

Titans just gave Tannyhill 4 years at nearly $30m/yr. Dak just became his #1 fan.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on March 15, 2020, 01:14:39 PM
lol...this is how the pros do it:  Ravens getting Calais Campbell from Jacksonville for the same 5th round pick they got in return last year from Minnesota for a fargin' pre-season punter who is not even in the NFL anymore.

What's more, they add Campbell immediately after applying the non-exclusive tag to Judon, giving them way more security at the position and greatly improving their leverage with Judon.  Any team that wanted Judon before today now has less reason to offer a poison-pill contract because the Ravens have less need to match it.  Whatever happens, whoever he plays for, the move means less money for him.

edit: this post makes it sound like I'm happy Judon had a bad day.  I'm not; have nothing against him, just pointing out how well the Ravens FO played this situation

I'm normally with you on the Ravens but he's a fossil
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Tannehill got $62,000,000 guaranteed.  He's the NFL poster child for mediocrity.  Incredible. 

QB Eagles

Quote from: Rome on March 15, 2020, 05:40:09 PM
Tannehill got $62,000,000 guaranteed.  He's the NFL poster child for mediocrity.  Incredible.

He was actually really good last year, and even if he is mediocre going forward, that's better than what Titans fans have been used to since Steve McNair was still alive and banging a crazy lady. 10% of your cap under a freshly minted CBA for what's likely to be a couple years of basic QB competence is not a bad deal.