Phillies season 7

Started by MURP, August 14, 2005, 12:05:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

I can't blame Rheal. He sucks. Not his fault he's in there. Same problem we had in the beginning of the year with Tim Worrell and Terry Adams, and had last year with Roblowto and the year before with Mesa. Manuel is just an idiot. He uses Fultz, who has been fantastic, in the 4th-6th. He uses the putrid Cormier in a 2 run game with a rested pen and day off tommorrow. He's an idiot. Stop running freakin Cormier out there. He's done. He' killing this team.

And with that, Burrell hits another HR. Thanks again Rheal and Charlie!!
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: MDS on August 28, 2005, 11:11:16 PM
I can't blame Rheal. He sucks. Not his fault he's in there. Same problem we had in the beginning of the year with Tim Worrell and Terry Adams, and had last year with Roblowto and the year before with Mesa. Manuel is just an idiot. He uses Fultz, who has been fantastic, in the 4th-6th. He uses the putrid Cormier in a 2 run game with a rested pen and day off tommorrow. He's an idiot. Stop running freakin Cormier out there. He's done. He' killing this team.

Um, you're blaming Manuel for last year?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

No, but he and Bowa are the same managers except one "keeps it loose" and the other is "passionate and fiery." Fact is, their both idiots who have no idea what their doing. Based on this year, it took too long to get Adams outta here and Worrell had to take himself out. This just makes me have the feeling Cormier is going to continue blowing games into september.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 28, 2005, 11:12:11 PM
Quote from: MDS on August 28, 2005, 11:11:16 PM

Um, you're blaming Manuel for last year?

Clinton's still taking the blame for shtein that happened while Bush is in office  :P

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SD_Eagle on August 28, 2005, 11:08:45 PM
I see a huge collapse coming in September :-X

The optimist in me says that it's better than experiencing their usual late July/early August collapse.  :P

Sgt PSN

10-5 final.  :boo

They had a great chance to really separate themselves from the rest of the WC pack this weekend and they blew it against a team that gave up like four thousand runs to the Muts.  They also have the worst bullpen in baseball with a combined ERA of somewhere close to 7. 

Way to manufacture runs tonight guys.  5 runs, 4 of which came via solo shots.  :-\

MDS

Rollins has been awful the past two weeks. Can't manufacture much when your leadoff hitter is never on base.

Sgt PSN

This is true.  I especially loved his leadoff- swing at the first pitch of the game- pop fly to get things started.  :boo

Dillen

Quote from: MDS on August 28, 2005, 11:44:16 PM
Rollins has been awful the past two weeks. Can't manufacture much when your leadoff hitter is never on base.
Yeah, before the game they said he was hitting .138 in the last 19 games.

BigEd76

Seo, Pedro, Trachsel, Patterson and Livan in the next 5.  Get those playoff tickets!

Sgt PSN

Quote from: BigEd76 on August 29, 2005, 12:06:21 AM
Get those playoff tickets!

It's a bit early for that isn't it?  They usually don't go on sale until January. 

BigEd76

SunMo

you can't lose 2 of 3 to the D-backs.  especially the 3rd game, when you KNOW that all the teams chasing you lost earlier in the day.  you have to go out and get the job done.  and what does Jimmy do, 1st pitch, swings and pops up.  i can't stand him at the top of the lineup anymore.  that fact that he stays there because uncle cholly says, "the lineup doesn't look right without him at the top" is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

Apparantley, Tucker is going to start against "tough" RHP and spell Burrell in left.

The stats against RHP:
Burrell- .275 avg, 18 HR, 68 BI, .877 OPS
Tucker- .256 avg, 5 HR, 30 BI, .739 OPS
Bell- .202 avg, 4 HR, 27 BI, .542 OPS

Manuel is an idiot.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: MDS on August 29, 2005, 06:12:44 PM
Apparantley, Tucker is going to start against "tough" RHP and spell Burrell in left.

The stats against RHP:
Burrell- .275 avg, 18 HR, 68 BI, .877 OPS
Tucker- .256 avg, 5 HR, 30 BI, .739 OPS
Bell- .202 avg, 4 HR, 27 BI, .542 OPS

Manuel is an idiot.

Why include Bell's stats?  Is Manuel supposed to sit Bell and put Tucker on 3rd?  I can understand being upset about playing Tucker over Burrell but I don't see the reasoning for even mentioning Bell.  Elaborate please.