Phillies season 7

Started by MURP, August 14, 2005, 12:05:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

I'm not crying about the move, but the implications are that this was THE move by Wade to improve the bench. No Helms, no anybody. Just Michael Tucker. Yes he's a better option than Perez, Martinez and Chavez....but thats not saying much. It's a nothing move to me. They gave up some guy nobody heard of, but its just the fact that Wade is settling for mediocrity again.

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Dillen

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 28, 2005, 10:31:09 AM
I heard his last name and all's I could think of was the old dude from back in the 90's named Hipolito Pichardo.
He was in Astros camp a couple years ago

Geowhizzer

:'( Pichardo is going to be a STUD in this league.  Just watch.

Just kidding.  I wouldn't know him from any other schmuck with a glove.  Well, maybe from Michael Jackson, but not any other schmuck.  :D

I like the Tucker pickup for strengthening the bench. Got to be better than revolving around Chavez and Martinez.

I'd still like an infielder and/or a relief pitcher to strengthen the bullpen.  Don't think Wade is going to get either.

Sgt PSN

I like Tucker off the bench.  He's got some speed around the baselines and he ain't too bad of an outfielder either.  Nice veteran presence to have come in off the bench late in the game.  And all they gave up was some dude who probably won't be in the majors for a couple of years anyway so it's not like their giving up players who could possibly make an immediate impact for the club. 

Geowhizzer

For those wondering about Kevin Pichardo's stats:

Kelvin Pichardo: Individual Stats (Pitching)
Team From To W L ERA G GS CG SHO SV IP H R ER HR BB SO
GCL Phillies 06/24 08/22 3 2 4.17 10 9 0 0 0 54.0 59 28 25 4 3 37

I know you all were.  >:D

BigEd76

2006 Interleague:

Home-and-home vs Red Sox  :P
Home vs Yankees
Home vs Devil Rays
Away vs Orioles
Away vs Blue Jays

Braves won
Marlins lost
Astros lost
Mets lost
Nationals swept

Sgt PSN

Ryan Howard led off the 2nd with a monster shot to dead center field (425ft).   :o

Padilla later draws a walk and when he got to first base he wanted a jacket.  Nothing unusual about that except that it's 110 degrees outside.  :-D

SD_Eagle5

BigEd76

Sgt PSN

Cormier is blowing it in the 7th.  9-3.  :boo

SD_Eagle5

BigEd76

Thanks Frenchy, you no good piece of sh*#@*$&*@#*@*&#  :boom

sigh

PhillyGirl

God damnit, if Rheal Cormier puts on this farging uniform one more time this year, I'll farging flip.

WHY DID HE GO IN THERE WITH A CHANCE TO WIN A GAME?????????????? :boom :boom :boom :boom :boom :boom :boom :boom :boom
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

Quote from: SD_Eagle on August 28, 2005, 10:55:54 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on August 28, 2005, 10:55:30 PM

They suck

No, THEY don't...that's asinine. They are 10 games over .500...that is not a suck team.

Idiots like the one on the mound giving up 4 runs in a close game SUCK.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 28, 2005, 11:03:31 PM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on August 28, 2005, 10:55:54 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on August 28, 2005, 10:55:30 PM

They suck

No, THEY don't...that's asinine. They are 10 games over .500...that is not a suck team.

Idiots like the one on the mound giving up 4 runs in a close game SUCK.

I'm immune to the Phils failures at this point in my life, but every year it's the same farging story. I keep my hopes up and they let me down. I see a huge collapse coming in September  :-X