Phillies season 7

Started by MURP, August 14, 2005, 12:05:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

It was important for them to take 2/3 from the Giants, and they did.  WTG, Phils!

mikey418

The next 3 weeks will decide their fate. They need to sweep the Diamondbacks IMO, since they have a rough schedule ahead to close out the year.

@Mets, @Nats, Astros, Marlins, Braves(4games), @Marlins, @Braves, @Reds, Mets, @Nats.

They could concievibly catch the Braves if they keep pace with Atl while winning those 2 series against Atl.  I'll be very thankful (and surprized) to see the Phils still in the hunt come that Cincy series...altho likely they'll be right there and get swept by the Reds....
The wannabe sponsor of Stallworth and Baskett

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

rjs246

Quote from: mikey418 on August 25, 2005, 09:05:17 AM
The next 3 weeks will decide their fate. They need to sweep the Diamondbacks IMO, since they have a rough schedule ahead to close out the year.

@Mets, @Nats, Astros, Marlins, Braves(4games), @Marlins, @Braves, @Reds, Mets, @Nats.

They could concievibly catch the Braves if they keep pace with Atl while winning those 2 series against Atl.  I'll be very thankful (and surprized) to see the Phils still in the hunt come that Cincy series...altho likely they'll be right there and get swept by the Reds....

They'll be back around .500 at the end of that run.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: rjs246 on August 25, 2005, 09:26:42 AM
Quote from: mikey418 on August 25, 2005, 09:05:17 AM

They'll be back around .500 at the end of that run.

Shut up and go bark in someone's cheerio.  ;)

PoopyfaceMcGee

SD_Eagle5

Utley with his second homer to center to tie it up! 3-3 in the 7th

PhillyGirl

Quote from: SD_Eagle on August 26, 2005, 11:46:07 PM
Utley with his second homer to center to tie it up! 3-3 in the 7th

They need to win this game. Florida is coming on strong.

MDS

Myers had nothing....Utley was the only one doing anything....then Tim Worrell came and 5 runs later its 8-3 Phillies.

About to be 2.5 back of Atlanta, but Charlie has to ruin it by using Urbina in this game. Madson, at least, was warmed up and ready to go before Abreu hit the Slam.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: MDS on August 27, 2005, 12:18:40 AM
Myers had nothing....Utley was the only one doing anything....then Tim Worrell came and 5 runs later its 8-3 Phillies.

Worrell is DA MAN!!  :P

MDS

Phils win 11-3, 2.5 back of Atlanta  :paranoid
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: MDS on August 27, 2005, 12:57:46 AM
Phils win 11-3, 2.5 back of Atlanta :paranoid

Phils couldn't beat the D-backs by double digits.  They are teh suck.  :paranoid

PhillyPhreak54

Damn that non-clutch, choking POS Bobby Abreu! :D

Cram it, haters.

MDS, Ugie wasn't used. They brought in Aquilino Lopez. He looked good too. Maybe, just maybe, Wade found a good MR via waivers. I'll reserve judgement for awhile though. I already like him better than Geoff Geary though.

Rome

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 27, 2005, 03:03:08 AM
I already like him better than Geoff Geary though.

Yeah but you like Saddam Hussein better than Geoff Geary.

:-D

Excellent win by the Phitins.  I was watching the Eagles and completely forgot about the Phils playing the late game.  Nice surprise to wake up this morning and see that they routed the D-Backs.

:yay