Phillies season 7

Started by MURP, August 14, 2005, 12:05:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

im sick of this team, they can't hit any decent pitching and they play small in big situations.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

Rob Tejeda's next start will be skipped, won't pitch again until the series in Washington.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on August 23, 2005, 10:28:58 AM
Rob Tejeda's next start will be skipped, won't pitch again until the series in Washington.

His next two starts will be skipped. They have off days on Thursday and Monday and those are the days he's scheduled.

Crazy Vicente goes tonight against Brett Tomko.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on August 23, 2005, 10:28:58 AM

Not a bad thing if fatigue is a factor in his latest performance.  Give him a rest, and be ready for the stretch.

MDS

Apparantley the Wes Helms talks are heating up....there was a rumor today that the deal was done, but it was false. Wade's got 8 days to get er done.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

He better get something done, the farger. I cannot stand watching David Bell anymore. The guy is farging terrible.

NGM

The crew on DNL was lamenting today on how we have very little power at all.  I have to say I agreed with most of their gripes, why not give Howard a chance against a lefty?  A telling stat number of homers by the Phils in the last home stand: 2.  :o  (Assuming that is correct I didn't fact check)
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on August 23, 2005, 08:04:57 PM
Apparantley the Wes Helms talks are heating up....there was a rumor today that the deal was done, but it was false. Wade's got 8 days to get er done.

:-D Tell me you didn't just write that!

Sgt PSN

Cinci beat Washington 6-2

Florida is getting beat 7-1 by the Brewers in the 6th.

Cubbies are beating Atlanta 8-1 in the 6th.

Mets and D-backs are just getting started.

Houston and SD start in about 20 minutes.

So far, things are set up nicely for the Phils tonight but they need to come away from this with a win.  Even if Houston wins, they can still make up a full game against the Braves if the scores hold up. 

Sgt PSN

Cinci beat Washington 6-2  :yay

Florida is getting beat 11-2 by the Brewers in the 8th.  :-D

Cubbies beat Atlanta 10-1 :-D

Mets pounding the D-backs 6-1 in the 4th.  :boo

San Diego leads Houston 1-0 in the 4th.  :yay

Phils up 2-1 in the 3rd.  :paranoid

Sgt PSN

Phils up 3-1.  Lofton doubled to lead off.  Utley triple, Lofton scored.  :yay

Sgt PSN

Burrell sac fly, Utley scores.  4-1 Phils.  Howard solo HR, 5-1. ;D

MDS

We's got ourselfs an ol fashioned blow out. Phils on their way to a win behind El Loco Vicente (who finally got some run support). Houston lost, too. So that means were back in first in the WC.

Lidle, whose been shaky lately, goes tommorrow. Need to take 2/3 from a garbage team like the Giants.

PhillyGirl

LOL at Ryan Howard's comments...this is the first few paragraphs of the AP article on the game:

QuoteSAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- The kid is already being compared to David Ortiz.

Rookie Ryan Howard returned to the starting lineup with a career-high four hits -- including a homer -- and three RBI to lead the Philadelphia Phillies past the San Francisco Giants 10-2 on Tuesday night.

"Howard is impressive," Giants manager Felipe Alou said. "He moves well around the bag. He's a David Ortiz-type man."

The 6-foot-4, 260-pound Howard sat out the team's previous three games, all against left-handed pitchers, but the left-handed hitter made an immediate impact as the Phillies bounced back a night after being shut out to regain their half-game lead in the NL wild-card race.

Howard, 25, doesn't seem fazed by the pressure of being one of baseball's up-and-coming sluggers -- or the comparisons to Ortiz, Boston's slugger -- and often throws out quirky quips such as his "peace, love and hair grease" comment Tuesday.

He certainly enjoyed his first game at pitcher friendly SBC Park, missing the cycle by a triple.

"After today, I love it," he said of the stadium. "This would be the park to hit it, go after that 421."
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhreak54

Quote"I'm not here to hurt anybody's feelings, but at the same time, we're trying to get to the playoffs," said Manuel, whose team was a half-game behind the Houston Astros in the National League wild-card race and 4 ½ behind Atlanta in the NL East entering last night's game. "I don't worry about hurting people's feelings. People call me 'Uncle Charlie' and 'Good Time Charlie' and 'Happy-Go-Lucky Charlie' and all that BS. You can take that to ram it up your ass. I'm here to win games."

Atta boy, Charlie. :yay