Phillies season 7

Started by MURP, August 14, 2005, 12:05:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

They'll use Lieby & Pratt in the playoffs as they've done all year. They have no other options.

Pratt has 6 weeks left as a Phillie (not counting playoffs)...use him as much as possible.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 22, 2005, 06:18:09 PM
They'll use Lieby & Pratt in the playoffs as they've done all year. They have no other options.

Pratt has 6 weeks left as a Phillie (not counting playoffs)...use him as much as possible.

I think I know this answer already, but...

Has Lieberthal's option (the one tied to games played) been vested yet?  I'm sure it has- one more year of mediocrity or downright suckiness.  :boom

BigEd76

Geowhizzer

Quote from: BigEd76 on August 22, 2005, 07:14:54 PM
a while ago, yeah...  :-\

I thought so.  Don't suppose that someone is stupid enough to take Lieberthal in a trade.

Well, someone is.  Unfortunately, he runs the Phillies.

Sgt PSN

Getting beat 4-0 by the Giants.  :boo

BigEd76

PhillyPhreak54

5-0 now...Phils trying to spark a rally in the 7th though....Michaels double, Abreu single off the pitchers foot.

Lieber always seems to have one bad inning...

I wonder how much the cross country flight had to do with them looking flat?

PhillyPhreak54

:-D :'( :-D :'(

Phillies load the bases with 0 outs...

Utley strikes out
David FARGING Bell grounds into his TWENTY FARGING FIRST double play

they get no runs.

BigEd76

Phils lose 5-0, and everyone else around them in the race won (except for Washington, which didn't play)...

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 23, 2005, 12:01:04 AM
:-D :'( :-D :'(

Phillies load the bases with 0 outs...

Utley strikes out
David FARGING Bell grounds into his TWENTY FARGING FIRST double play

they get no runs.

No way!  I am shocked! :o
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

I called it from the start of Utley's at bat. He would strike out and Bell would ground into a double play.

Let us hope that this road trip is not a copycat of '03's awful late august stretch or last years pathetic homestand. It would make sense for this to be it, but I would settle for a 3-3 record out west.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyGirl

I figured they'd lose the first game out west. Travel days blow.

I expect them to bounce back today.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 23, 2005, 07:12:46 AM
I figured they'd lose the first game out west. Travel days blow.

I expect them to bounce back today.

I'd understand if they were heading out there to play the Pad......errr.......if they were playing the Dodg........no, if they were playing the Diamon.......ah farg it.  Everyone out West blows ass.  Travel day or not, they have no business losing to the Giants.  Especially when they're in playoff contention.   Teams that want it will dig down and find a way to win those games.   This isn't the time of year for tired travel day excuses because everyone is getting tired this late in the year.  This is the time of year for them to put up or shut up. 

MURP

comcast sportsrise highlights... bases loaded... they show Chase Utley strike out.  Then the show host says, and it was up to David Bell... and Bell does what he does best, grounds into a double play.   :-D

Geowhizzer

Gee, too bad it was too late for me to watch it.  :boom