Started by MURP, August 14, 2005, 12:05:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

got to sit Diamond Club tonight.  yay. 

world series here we come!

PhillyGirl

Quote from: BigEd76 on August 18, 2005, 11:24:56 PM
The strike 3 on Pratt was a JOKE  :boom

it sure seemed like the calls all night were horrendous....just wanted to know if it seemed the same on TV.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

BigEd76

Diamond club, eh?  Were you on TV?  Too bad there's no replay tonight...  :P

MURP

dont think so, was 15 rows up from home plate.  I dont think the cameras go up there very often. 

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on August 18, 2005, 10:26:16 PM
Urbina has been a real disappointment.

He's blown six saves since he got to Philly.

That's awful.

:boo

Romey, I love ya man, but I think you're wrong on this about Urbina. With the exception of the first game that he pitched in here against Texas he has been very solid. Him and Wagner are the best 1-2 combo in the NL as far as set-up man/closer go.

I was a huge Polanco fan and wish he was still here, but I am glad we got Ugie. I wish we could've kept Polanco while getting Ugie still.

Anyways, Urbina has only blown 3 saves here, not 6. He has 5 total on the year (3 in PHL and 2 in DET)

35 games
3-1 record
33.1 IP
16 runs allowed
16 earned runs allowed
17 walks
39 strikeouts

9 of those 16 runs allowed were given up in his first 3 weeks with the Phillies. Since June he has only allowed 7 runs!!

He gave up 4 against Texas and then 2 against the Mets on consecutive nights in June.

I'd say that Ugie has been pretty darn good.

And I understand your frustration with the team, bro. We're all frustrated at times. We wouldn't be Phils fans otherwise.

However, losing that game certainly doesn't mean the season is over. They have 40 games to clinch a playoff spot. They are not going to win all 40 games. They'll lose some along the way. The key is to keep doing what they have since the All-Star break -- win series'.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 19, 2005, 05:48:07 AM
Quote from: Jerome99RIP on August 18, 2005, 10:26:16 PM
Urbina has been a real disappointment.

He's blown six saves since he got to Philly.

That's awful.

:boo

Romey, I love ya man, but I think you're wrong on this about Urbina. With the exception of the first game that he pitched in here against Texas he has been very solid. Him and Wagner are the best 1-2 combo in the NL as far as set-up man/closer go.

I was a huge Polanco fan and wish he was still here, but I am glad we got Ugie. I wish we could've kept Polanco while getting Ugie still.

Anyways, Urbina has only blown 3 saves here, not 6. He has 5 total on the year (3 in PHL and 2 in DET)

35 games
3-1 record
33.1 IP
16 runs allowed
16 earned runs allowed
17 walks
39 strikeouts

9 of those 16 runs allowed were given up in his first 3 weeks with the Phillies. Since June he has only allowed 7 runs!!

He gave up 4 against Texas and then 2 against the Mets on consecutive nights in June.

I'd say that Ugie has been pretty darn good.

And I understand your frustration with the team, bro. We're all frustrated at times. We wouldn't be Phils fans otherwise.

However, losing that game certainly doesn't mean the season is over. They have 40 games to clinch a playoff spot. They are not going to win all 40 games. They'll lose some along the way. The key is to keep doing what they have since the All-Star break -- win series'.

THANK YOU! I woke up this morning with the full intent on replying to this because I knew Rome was way off (was too tired after the game last night...lol).
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

PS....does anyone here know what kind of car Pat Burrell drives?

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 19, 2005, 07:12:01 AM
PS....does anyone here know what kind of car Pat Burrell drives?

An expensive one?

RE: Urbina.  While Romey's stats may have been off a litte, I still think the guy's been a dissappointment.  I won't say he sucks, but he's been inconsistant and blown a few games for us. 

PhillyGirl

So, what about Madson? Is he a terrible product that we brought up too? Who would you have used in Urbina's spot?

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 19, 2005, 08:22:29 AM
Who would you have used in Urbina's spot?

Geoff Geary.  He's money.

PhillyGirl

MURP

apparently, Urbina volunteered to go in the 2nd game.

Rome

Oh, so I'm just imagining the six blown saves that he's been charged with since he got to Philly?

http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/wrap.jsp?ymd=20050818&content_id=1175437&vkey=wrapup2005&fext=.jsp&team=home

(Check the box score above.  It says that last night was his sixth blown save.)

Good God.

Where's NB when we need him?

:-o

Sgt PSN

HA!  That's what you get for believing everything you read on the internet. 

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on August 19, 2005, 08:54:05 AM
Oh, so I'm just imagining the six blown saves that he's been charged with since he got to Philly?

http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/wrap.jsp?ymd=20050818&content_id=1175437&vkey=wrapup2005&fext=.jsp&team=home

(Check the box score above.  It says that last night was his sixth blown save.)

Good God.

Where's NB when we need him?

:-o

Nope, you're not imagining it. But MLB.com is counting the ones from Detroit too.

Urbina's game-by-game log

He has only had 5 save opportunities since he's been in PHL according to that...

I got my info from ESPN.com originally.

And I don't call giving up 7 runs in 6 weeks bad.

Take away his 3 rough outings he had early on and tell me that he sucks. He doesn't. There is no better 1-2 punch in the NL.