Phillies season 7

Started by MURP, August 14, 2005, 12:05:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

I'm happy with 3/4.  They can still do that.

Rome

PhillyPhreak54

Oh well.

They'll sweep Pittsburgh.

Rome

Way to steal defeat from the jaws of victory again.

Year after year it's the same bullshtein with them.

Just unreal.

:puke

BigEd76

Quote from: FFatPatt on August 18, 2005, 09:44:51 PM

Series over.  2-2 split....

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: BigEd76 on August 18, 2005, 09:51:57 PM
Quote from: FFatPatt on August 18, 2005, 09:44:51 PM

Series over.  2-2 split....

I didn't mean against the Nats.  I meant in the 4 games they had to play over a 3 day span.

Geowhizzer

Nobody in their right mind will blame Manuel for brining in the guys to secure the win.

Could he have done it better?  Sure.  Pitch Urbina 2 innings in Game 1, Wagner 2 innings in Game 2.  To me, that would make more sense, because that would put their work in one stretch, with one warm up.  Current conventional basebal lwisdom won't allow that to happen.

I know that Wagner has been brought into the game in the 8th inning a few times.  This would have been a time that totally made sense.

Rome

Geo... if the hitters had done their job in the clutch, the pitching dilemma would have been a moot point.

They choked.

Time to accept what we have in those losers and start planning for the Eagles and Flyers seasons.

Sgt PSN

I don't know if I would call them chokers.  Last year this team would have been dominated in both games.  The fact that they split the DH shows me a little something.  The worst they can end up once the Astros are done (trailing 4-2 in the 7th) playing is a half game back.  Choke artist Phillies would have lost both games and moved to 3rd in the WC standings and been 1.5 games back. 

That being said, they very well should have taken both games but a split isn't catastophic.  If the Brewers hold off the Astros, the Phils will still hold a .5 game lead. 

Rome

Urbina has been a real disappointment.

He's blown six saves since he got to Philly.

That's awful.

:boo

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on August 18, 2005, 10:26:16 PM
Urbina has been a real disappointment.

He's blown six saves since he got to Philly.

That's awful.

:boo

That I agree with 100%.  This team would be much better off with Polanco still in the line up.  I can't fault Ed Wade for making that trade but I can fault him for assembling a team that needed to make it. 

BigEd76

Braves lost
Marlins won
Mets lost
Astros (Clemens) blew a 2-0 lead and now trail 5-2 in the 9th  :yay :yay

BigEd76

Astros lose.  Phils keep the .5 game lead!  :evil

PhillyGirl

Just curious...was the home plate umpire as bad on TV as he was in person? We were at the game and sitting right behind home plate and the calls were ATROCIOUS from there.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

BigEd76

The strike 3 on Pratt was a JOKE  :boom

Phillies = 65-57 (3 vs PIT)
Astros = 64-57 (3 remaining vs MIL)
Nationals = 64-57 (3 at NYM)
Marlins = 63-57 (4 vs LAD)
Mets = 61-59 (3 vs WSH)
Brewers = 60-62 (3 remaining at HOU)

Braves = 69-52 (3 vs SD)

PHI vs PIT = Tejeda/Wells, Myers/Williams, (Eude Brito?)/Redman
ATL vs SD = Hampton/Park, Ramirez/P.Astacio, Smoltz/Lawrence
HOU vs MIL = E.Astacio/Davis, W.Rodriguez/Sheets, Pettitte/Santos