Phillies season 7

Started by MURP, August 14, 2005, 12:05:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NGM

Quote from: MDS on August 18, 2005, 05:59:07 PM
Head-scratcher by Manuel to use Madson, Urbina and Wagner in the day game. Yes they won, but I would've saved one of Urbina or Wagner for the nightcap. However, this is the stretch run and both didn't throw many pitches in the day game. Suck it up and go out there. Jose Mesa did it (against Oakland, in a regular DH, in june  :paranoid ).

I thought the same thing but I guess you have to go for the win when you have it.  They might get shelled in the second half and Wagner doesn't contribute at all.
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

Rome

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 18, 2005, 09:46:09 AM
Quote from: Jerome99RIP on August 18, 2005, 09:44:07 AM
As for the Eagles chants, I love them.  If you want the fans to stop chanting E-A-G-L-E-S and start chanting P-H-I-L-L-I-E-S, start winning, motherfargers.

I think the point is, they ARE winning and they still get the Eagles chants. I used to think it was funny, until they were done constantly through games that the Phillies were kicking ass in. Its become obnoxious.

Obviously it's obnoxious.  That's the point, PG.   >:D

Isn't the aim of every Philadelphia fan to be irritating to the opposing team or, better yet, the home team?

The message being sent to those assclowns is pretty clear to me.  End 20 years of sucking ass and we'll stop chanting for the team who plays across the street.

In any event, the Phillies are now a season-high nine games over .500 with a very good chance of extending that record to 10 games over .500 tonight.  Now, the cynic in me who has watched this team underachieve for at least the last 4 1/2 seasons is feeling queasy right now, but hey, as I've said many times before, My Name Is Jerome99RIP And I'm A Phillies Phan.

C'est la vie.

Sgt PSN

Phils winning 4-3 in the bottom of the 5th.  They were leading 4-0 until a 3 run 5th by the Nats put them back in it.  :-\

Pittsburgh is beating the Mets 4-0 in the 6th.   :yay

The Dodgers are beating Atlanta 2-1 in the 3rd.   :yay

Houston leads the Brewers 1-0 in the 2nd.   :boo

Florida is beating SD 2-0 in the 6th.   :boo

Rome

David Bell is at bat with two men on and what does that worthless piece of farging shtein do?

You guessed it.  Hits into a double play leaving Burrell at 3rd.

Then Pratt hits a humpback liner to the third baseman who boots it, bobbles it, then calmly throws out the geriatric, arthritic Pratt at 1st by about 10 steps.

Oh, yeah... they're contenders.

:boom :-D

PhillyPhreak54

Even though Bell hit the double to knock in Howard, I still hate him. Useless farger.

He's hit into TWENTY GODDAMN DOUBLE-PLAYS! :boo

MDS,

This ain't the time to be saving the bullpen. It's crunch time and those dudes better be ready to have their arms fall off. They have 6 weeks to prepare to pitch when needed.

He did use Rheal tonight and shockingly the Canadian did a good job. Ugie is coming in for the 8th.

I'm not saying use them every night, but when you're in a 1-run game you use your guys. Build a lead in the WC race and keep going after the Braves.

PhillyPhreak54

Urbina gave up a double to Guillen...then he gets Schnieder to fly out to RF..no advance.

Wilson singles to LF and Burrell should've thrown him out but made a poor throw.

4-4 tie game b8th

PhillyPhreak54

And now Baerga singles to CF...

Wilson scores from 2nd.

5-4 Nats

MDS

Manuel is goin get hammered again, since he let up the runs. I would've handled the pen differentley, but there is no excuse for Ugy giving up the runs. It's his fault. However, Manuel will get the blame even if the Phillies come back and win this.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

But I just can't see why he'd get ripped?

What if he used Brito (whose never appeared yet) or Geary?

He already used Cormier in the 7th.

If he uses Cormier for two innings or one of the others (Brito/Geary) and they blow it he'd get ripped anyways, right?

PoopyfaceMcGee

The problem is he used the whole "good" bullpen in the 1st game of the doubleheader.

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 18, 2005, 09:25:47 PM
But I just can't see why he'd get ripped?

What if he used Brito (whose never appeared yet) or Geary?

He already used Cormier in the 7th.

If he uses Cormier for two innings or one of the others (Brito/Geary) and they blow it he'd get ripped anyways, right?

Anytime something goes wrong, he gets ripped. I'm not saying he's a great manager, he's not. But just because Urbina threw 10 pitches at 330 doesn't give him an excuse to blow this game (which the WIP morons will give him, and blame Manuel for using him).

Manuel played it game by game. Tried to win game 1 without worrying about game 2. Is that smart? Not really. Did it win him game 1? yes. If he holds Urbina or Wagner for game 2 and Fultz or Cormier have to pitch in a tight spot and blow it, he gets hammered.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

FF,

And? What is he supposed to do? Use the bums in case they need the "good" guys in the 2nd game of the DH?

You use your guys to get a win. And it is important to win the 1st game of the DH so you're not pressing to win the 2nd to get a split.

Great...Burrell just grounded into a DP to end the 8th.

Due up in the 9th? Howard, Bell, Pratt.

I hope Howard has a solo shot in him, because we're going to need it.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 18, 2005, 09:33:29 PM
I hope Howard has a solo shot in him, because we're going to need it.

It might be optimistic to think we'll ONLY need that.

MDS

Theres really nothing else he could've done, since the day game was a 1 run game. Again, I'm not blaming Manuel. The WIP morons will. It's not his fault Urbina gave up 2 runs, Burrell made a horrible throw, Bell sucks, Burrell grounds into a DP...thats the Phillies choking away a game they should've won.

Rome

Choke artist sockcucking pieces of shtein.  All of them.

IF ANYONE EVER ASKS AGAIN, THIS IS WHY WE HATE THE fargING PHILLIES.

:boom