Soccer

Started by Diomedes, July 09, 2009, 06:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

amazing what playing for a coach the players dont despise can do. they are on 3 points now with 2 more home layups coming (trinidad, panama). so out of the remaining 5 games (home costa rica and at mexico, panama, trinidad, honduras) theyd need 7 points to secure a spot in russia.

getting 3 at panama on tuesday will put them in great position to accomplish this.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

They actually had assignments and stuck with them.  They passed the ball crisply for the most part and immediately went into attack mode on the counter.  It wasn't all great, though.  The defense was shaky at times and they were fortunate that Honduras basically gave up after the second goal but it was still a stunning result.   And FTR I can't stand Bruce Arena either.  He's a hack but he's at least competent.  The Big K was a total disaster. 

ice grillin you

hondourous has less people than new jersey....settle down
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Fewer.  Honduras has fewer people than New Jersey.

It also has more good soccer players than all of the United States.  So, yeah.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on March 26, 2017, 04:59:37 PM
It also has more good soccer players than all of the United States.

this makes me really happy but its also really sad

MDS

Quote from: Diomedes on March 26, 2017, 04:59:37 PMIt also has more good soccer players than all of the United States.  So, yeah.

um. no.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

farg me with a spiked dildo christian pulicic is amazing

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

That was certifiably insane. 

ice grillin you

where does Bayern fit in with sd's four for four question

hbionic

Quote from: Diomedes on May 13, 2017, 11:24:53 AM
Bayern OMG

I missed it, what happened? Game vs. Leipzig?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

MDS

a few weeks ago the union were the only team in mls without a win...now they are 1 point out of a playoff spot

Rome

They're still a garbage franchise who refuse to spend money on legit talent. 

Rome

This is cool...

This is cooler.   Manchester City United indeed.   

Rome

The UCL Final was a bore.  Everything that is ugly about soccer was on full display.  The whining, the diving, the histrionics and the narcissism were there for all to see. 

As big a fan as I am of the sport, I get where the haters are coming from after watching that.

That said there were some incredible plays as well but the other garbage straight ruined it for me. 

You all care deeply.