10 random questions

Started by ice grillin you, August 02, 2006, 04:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: Diomedes on August 03, 2006, 12:17:56 PM
How can you people say the linebackers are a bigger concern than WRs?

Trotter is not my favorite Eagle, but he alone makes the LB a better corps than any current WR improves the outlook for the recievers.

To me you can disguise week WRs with a good RB and TE much like SD and KC do.  Granted neither of those teams has Reid's propensity to pass, but with a RB like Westbrook it is like having a gamebreaking WR on the field.  I am actually more optimistic with this group with the young guys and the addition of Gaffney than I was with any WR corp before the TO era.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Rome

SD & KC have Tomilinson & Larry Johnson as weapons.

You know, which is nice.

mussa

Quote from: Diomedes on August 03, 2006, 12:17:56 PM
How can you people say the linebackers are a bigger concern than WRs?

Trotter is not my favorite Eagle, but he alone makes the LB a better corps than any current WR improves the outlook for the recievers.

i said WR, mainly because of the pass happy offense and the fact that the reid era has proven they don't give two shteins about the linebackers.  I wish this was different and maybe it is, but I don't see them making leaps and bounds to improve that position ever.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

ice grillin you

the linebackers are a  bigger problem

whats ironic is that the better the pass rusher which all signs point to being much imporved this year...the more pressure falls on the lb's....

a strong pass rush will force opponents to run the ball more...the d-line is not exactly built to stop the run therefore the lb'ers have to make plays

another way to combat a strong edge pass rush is play action and shorter more high % passes to the backs and te's...again a place where the lb's are gonna have to  make plays...and if they cant...it very well may cancel out the improvements made on the d-line
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

mussa

i just think of the browns game 2 years ago. they did their homework that game. the TE's destroyed us. its a great way to counter the pass rush and jj blitz's. LB's were piss poor.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on August 03, 2006, 01:28:14 PM
SD & KC have Tomilinson & Larry Johnson as weapons.

You know, which is nice.

I know thanks, that is kind of what I was getting at.  While he is not the running threat that either of them are, he is probably the best receiving threat of the 3.  Those two teams also have the top 2 TEs in the game.  I am just saying you can get by with an average receiving corps if you are strong at those positions.  I think with a healthy Westbrook and LJ they have a very solid foundation at those two positions.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

T_Section224

1. is the next starting free saftey for the philadelphia eagles currently on the roster? - No

2. how many series for mcnasty sunday? - 1st quarter and first drive of the second

3. will ticket prices be raised in 07 if the eagles miss the playoffs this year? - lord i hope not

4. will the eagles sweep anyone in the division this year? - Dallas and Washington

5. favorite eagle jerseys of all-time? - Reggies #91, you don't see it too often.  seriously though, RW and JB's

6. bigger concern this year: linebackers or wide receivers? - coin toss gave me LB's

7. eagles record @ the bye - 6-2

8. how many and which eagle road games will you be attending this year? - none  :boo but i will be down there for every game in philly

9. over under trent cole sacks this year.....8 - under

10. eagles miss playoffs this year....do you start to question andy reids job status? - no
Proud Sponsor of Mike Bartrum

MURP

IGY,  what the hell are you trying to talk yourself into.   

ice grillin you

phattymatty

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on August 03, 2006, 01:51:35 PM
I know thanks, that is kind of what I was getting at.  While he is not the running threat that either of them are, he is probably the best receiving threat of the 3. 

no.  westbrook is not better than LT in anything.

ice grillin you

if LT didnt have to run the ball hed have 200 catches a year

Phanatic

Quote from: phattymatty on August 03, 2006, 02:58:59 PM
I know thanks, that is kind of what I was getting at.  While he is not the running threat that either of them are, he is probably the best receiving threat of the 3. 

Westy could totally take LT  in a game of checkers...
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

Beermonkey

Quote from: MURP on August 03, 2006, 02:34:05 PM
IGY,  what the hell are you trying to talk yourself into.   

He's screening for homers. All replies are being meticulously documented in Microsoft Access.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: phattymatty on August 03, 2006, 02:58:59 PM

You ought to look at their receiving numbers over the last 3 seasons my friend; in respect to the receiving aspect of their games.  Westy has outgained him, has more YPC, and 2 times the amount of touchdowns and has done this in 7 less games.  I am by no means saying that Westbrook is better than LT but in this aspect of his game you certainly could make a good argument for it. 

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger