Rest Of Baseball - 2021

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 07, 2021, 12:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

I didn't know that was satire and laughed when they said that fat guy uses his speed to effect the game.

ice grillin you

i love so much how matty and russell refer to baseball as some random "game" like backgammon or othello and not like its one of the four major american sports
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

America is a deeply stupid place.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyPhreak54

These uniforms are deeply stupid too.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 13, 2021, 08:32:34 PM
These uniforms are deeply stupid too.

They look like kids' pajamas to me.

PhillyPhreak54

Yep.

Just like the players choice things or whatever awhile back where they were all white or all black

Don Ho

I still find this Tigers pitcher's Raiders glove cooler than JT's home run.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

QB Eagles

I don't really mind being more experimental with the uniforms for a one-off like the ASG, but this experiment failed. Especially for the AL.

PhillyPhreak54

I like see the real uni's. It's cool to see your teams uniform in that environment.

Back in the day as a kid when the Phillies would only send one guy a year I'd be geeked up to see that uniform mixed in with everyone else.

MDS

picturing 12 year old j get way too excited at seeing heathcliff slocumb rocking the phils jersey in the ASG
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

It looked cool when all the players were wearing their 80s johnsons. Seems to be less variety in the base uniforms now so the colors don't stand out as much when you have all the different teams there.

PhillyPhreak54

1989 was the first one I recall vividly - seeing Von Hayes and his uni was cool. He had an RBI (off Dan Plesac). Schmidt was elected but obv retired.

1990 was Dykstra in Wrigley

1991 was Kruk in Toronto

1992 was Dutch and Kruk in San Diego

1993 is when we started seeing more obviously bc of that team with Hollins, Dutch, Kruk and Mulholland.

1994 was Duncan, Dykstra, Danny Jackson...and Doug Jones. But I recall PIT more because of Frank Thomas' HR derby that year

1995 was Dykstra, Morandini, Tyler Greene...and Heath...cliff...Slo...cumb

1996 was held in Philly and the only rep was friggin Ricky Bo

1997 was Qurt Schilling

1998 was Qurt Schilling

1999 was Qurt, Lieberthal and Paul "junkball" Byrd

Rome

phattymatty

I'll admit I shtein on baseball and think it's extremely boring these days but I watched like half of the game and it was kinda enjoyable.  They should mic the guys up and showcase their personalities more often. 

That being said I watched a 45 min tv show on DVR show starting in the 6th inning and also missed like an inning and a half of the game.  Soooo long.

rjs246

I watched literally one inning of the Phillies game last week because I had bet on it along with the nba game that was playing at the same time. One inning. I missed all of halftime and half of the third quarter of the basketball game.

I can't tell if people "like" baseball as a gag that I just don't get or if they actually like it because they're slow witted morons who think hotdogs are a food group.

Edit: BTW I won both the Phillies bet and the nba bet that night. Parlay, bitches!
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.