Rest Of Baseball - 2021

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 07, 2021, 12:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Coconut Kapler and his Giants have the best record in the NL.

Don Ho

Still less shocking than:  Clueless Joe and his Phillies have the best record in the NL.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

The NL West is fun bc of competitive teams

The NL East is a trade off of losing streaks

Geowhizzer

Mets' Kevin Pillar hit in the face.  His nose looked like a faucet with the gushing blood.

And the pitcher (Jacob Webb) was shaken.

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

Ho hum another no hitter

The Mariners get got a second time. By Detroit of all teams.

The M's lineup is awful. One guy hitting over .240 tonight. Five under .200.

Their team average is under .200.

But tell me more about launch angles and exit velo.

PhillyPhreak54

Btw the whole god damn league BA is .236

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 19, 2021, 01:03:22 AM
Ho hum another no hitter

The Mariners get got a second time. By Detroit of all teams.

The M's lineup is awful. One guy hitting over .240 tonight. Five under .200.

Their team average is under .200.

But tell me more about launch angles and exit velo.

Most of us saw this coming with the over implementation of sabremetrics and analysis. It's baseball not rocket science. Not saying those things don't have their place but end of the day it's basic fundamentals. The product has diminished as a result

QB Eagles

The problem with the stat shtein is that it works. A sport has a problem when the most effective ways to win are boring as farg for the viewer. The Floyd Mayweather effect.

MLB has to change the rules to fix this, whether it's farging with the mound or something else.

MDS

QuoteThe Nationals are tied for the highest batting average in the NL (.252) and have scored the fourth-fewest runs per game. They are in last place.

i dont know how many times i can say this. hitting for power and accepting strikeouts, in the macro, will get you more runs. no baseball team is going to willingly score fewer runs.

the mariners are a very bad team with what is probably a very bad hitting coach who formulated a very bad game plan against a very bad pitcher. 2+ months into the year there are some wild pitching extremes. its pretty crazy! im sure theyll adjust next year.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Hey look!

Another no hitter in progress

MDS

lol i just saw that and im like someone needs to check on my boy j...a no hitter AND a depressing phillies loss

texas can rake so this one is for real
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on May 19, 2021, 10:20:09 PM
lol i just saw that and im like someone needs to check on my boy j...a no hitter AND a depressing phillies loss

texas can rake so this one is for real

It's all white noise now.

ice grillin you

kluber didn't even look like he cared

first time in my life I didn't switch to watch the 9th inning of a no hitter...it literally didn't matter if he got it or not
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous