Political Hippo Circle Jerk - America, farg YEAH!

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, December 11, 2006, 01:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

General_Failure

Army Veteran Has Prosthetic Legs Repossessed After VA Refuses to Pay for Them: 'Medicare Did Not Send Me to Vietnam'

QuoteJerry Holliman, 69, told the Clarion Ledger that he was in his room at the Veterans Home in Collins, Mississippi just a couple days before Christmas when a man walked in and took away his prosthetic limbs. According to Holliman, the VA said it would not cover the cost of the limbs, while Medicare said there'd be a copay required.

"Medicare did not send me to Vietnam," Holliman, who received Bronze Stars in both wars in which he served, told the Ledger in an article published Thursday. "I was sent there by my country...with the understanding that if something bad happened to me, that it would be covered by the VA."

The newspaper reported that Holliman received his prosthetics in August from the national company Hanger, which produces them. Holliman said, however, that after he received a few training lessons from Hanger staff, he was told the VA would not cover the cost and to check with Medicare.

According to Holliman, the Medicare paperwork said there would be a copay, and Holliman did not want to pay since he expected the VA to cover the costs in the end.

SD

He received prosthetic legs through a private medical agency and thought he'd just send the bill to the VA? That's on him. The article doesn't mention if he lost his legs due to the military. Feel bad for the guy but I don't see how the VA's at fault.

QuoteMatthew Gowan, a VA spokesperson, told Newsweek that the claims were "highly misleading."

"VA's Prosthetic & Sensory Aids Service, which also has more than 600 local contracts with accredited orthotic and prosthetic providers, stands ready to deliver comprehensive support to optimize health and independence of our Veterans," he said "If eligible veterans do not wish to take advantage of these services, VA is unable to intervene and correct issues arising with personal purchases."

On a sidenote: after dealing with a bunch of zesty private doctors sending me for unnecessary tests I decided to use the VA. I had a potentially bad issue and needed to see a neurologist. Early December I started calling around to get an appt and earliest I could get was March. VA got me in (appt today). MRI is scheduled for January 30th.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

farging stupid brainwashed idiots.

In other news the jerkoff Gaetz was on fox explaining why he supports the war powers act and MAGAts are losing their shtein.

Munson

Yeah not sure what's up with Gaetz. I mean he's had zero principles until now, weird that this is where he start

General_Failure

White supremacists are fine with being anti-war if it means dealing with the Brown Menace along the border at home.

Geowhizzer

Munson

Diomedes

video of Putin and Assad laughing at Trump seeing the light on the road to damascus is at once terrifying and also gratifying.  the former because the two men who are gloating about Trump are monsters...the latter because so is Trump
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54