Buddy Ryan - Pour One Out

Started by Rome, June 28, 2016, 08:17:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

Quote from: Don Ho on June 29, 2016, 12:50:09 AM
Quote from: Rome on June 28, 2016, 06:53:00 PM
That Redpotatoes game was one of the most disappointing I've ever been to and I've been to my fair share of zesty Eagles letdowns.

Randall playing like ass, zero offense, Jim McMahon experiment, Ben Smith TD called back, losing at home, seems like yesterday and it still sucks.

yeah that game was tough ... kind of knew something was going to happen with ryan afterwards.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

Braman is one of the all time pieces of shtein humans for firing Buddy but his conduct of the franchise after that was worse.  Letting Reggie, Clyde, Easy, and Seth walk, hiring Kotite instead of Jeff Fisher, the list goes on and on with that dickface.  Thank God his backing of Marco Rubio flamed out spectacularly.  For now. 

smeags

that was the last playoff game I went to with my dad. he passed his season tickets to me the following season.

smeags

Quote from: Rome on June 28, 2016, 11:48:54 AM
Quote from: phattymatty on June 28, 2016, 10:31:54 AM
i sometimes watch him punch kevin gilbride when i'm feeling blue.

Ha

is there any doubt where diehard got his inspiration ?

MDS

Quote from: Rome on June 29, 2016, 08:22:07 AM
Braman is one of the all time pieces of shtein humans for firing Buddy

not arguing braman is a POS but buddy was a terrible head coach

the glorification of his tenure is totally absurd and very philadelphia....the dude had all the talent on the world and won 0 playoff games. he paid no attention to the offense. he did some great things off the field and was an all time lovable person, but during that era the washingtons, giants and dallas won 100 combined super bowls and his squad won zilch.

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

smeags

ryan was not a terrible HC. that's asinine to say. certainly wasn't a great HC but his firing had "zilch" to do with the playoff record.

MDS

well it shouldve

you and i couldve won 8 games with all that talent they had....buddy was a great DC and a seemingly good evaluator of defensive talent but those are 2 of the 1000 skills needed to be a successful nfl coach. but he was great with the media!
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

His refusal to give a shtein about the offense did him in.  You can talk a world of shtein if you're winning but three straight one and dones in the playoffs is gonna get your ass fired. 

MDS

Quote from: Rome on June 29, 2016, 03:42:00 PM
His refusal to give a shtein about the offense did him in.  You can talk a world of shtein if you're winning but three straight one and dones in the playoffs is gonna get your ass fired.

marvin lewis says WUT UP

granted hes in cincinnati, which couldnt care less about sports, but you can survive. buddy antagonizing the owner, no matter how big a cheap republican twat he was, combined his inability to accomplish anything despite an abundance of talent warranted a firing. the subsequent hiring of one richard kotite, was perhaps not the best reaction to said transaction.

smeags

Quote from: MDS on June 29, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
Quote from: Rome on June 29, 2016, 03:42:00 PM

buddy antagonizing the owner,

this more than anything else, by far, was the reason he got fired. braman didn't give two fargs about winning. all that mattered was the dollar. after buddy he cleaned out the payroll and sold the team.

again. I wasn't a ryan fan, nor am I saying buddy didn't deserve to be canned, just that the 0-3 playoff record didn't mean crap to that POS owner.

Rome

Bull farging shtein. If Buddy won a Super Bowl he would have had a lifetime contract. 

Don Ho

Buddy also had a brain fart as a QB.  I loved Randall but he was allowed to do whatever the hell he wanted to do.  That's ok if you're Brady, Elway, Montana, Manning (pre invalid days), even Russell Wilson.  Heard Jim McMahon on Dan Patrick years ago talking about playing with Buddy in Philly and he said "the real problem was we had a starting QB who wouldn't listen to anybody but himself".
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

smeags

Quote from: Don Ho on June 29, 2016, 05:16:28 PM
Buddy also had a brain fart as a QB.  I loved Randall but he was allowed to do whatever the hell he wanted to do.  That's ok if you're Brady, Elway, Montana, Manning (pre invalid days), even Russell Wilson.  Heard Jim McMahon on Dan Patrick years ago talking about playing with Buddy in Philly and he said "the real problem was we had a starting QB who wouldn't listen to anybody but himself".

"let me, be me"

Don Ho

My all time favorite Buddy quote:

Ryan allegedly put a bounty on Cowboys kicker Luis Zendejas and quarterback Troy Aikman. After the Eagles won, 27-0, Cowboys coach Jimmy Johnson fumed: "I have absolutely no respect for the way they played the game. I would have said something to Buddy, but he wouldn't stand on the field long enough. He put his big, fat rear end into the dressing room."

Buddy's reply: "I resent that. I've been on a diet, I lost a couple of pounds, and I thought I was looking good."
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous