ConcreteField: We hate you, and we insist you conform to our ways

Started by General_Failure, November 07, 2004, 07:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

We got some rules for you guys with sig pics. Say goodbye to your ginormous pictures and 8 minute .avi files converted to animated gifs. We've discussed this for a while now. We even brought in a few consultants to help us out. Rev. Jesse Jackson offered his services as an arbitrator, but we politely declined. So, here's the new rules for sig pics.

1. 50k in size.
2. No taller than 175 pixels.

We've got a few reasons for these rules. First and most importantly, I don't want to wait ten minutes while your seventy three little movies load. Second, and far less important I think, other people might feel the way I do.

Over the past week or so we've tried a few different methods for dealing with bigass pics. One method was letting users block whichever files they wanted to. Another was to resize these pics for people and upload them on our server. Another was to use resize tags. Another was to simply remove the pic from your signature. None of these is really an ideal answer, so we decided on the size cap.

The man. The myth. The legend.

hunt

lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

As long as I can continue to keep my quotes that only I find funny, I will continue to conform to the society set by our Lord and master, Mr. GF.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Susquehanna Birder

I'd suggest that anybody who doesn't heed the request should have their sigs removed forcibly.   :evil

PoopyfaceMcGee

General_Failure

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on November 08, 2004, 08:02:18 AM
I'd suggest that anybody who doesn't heed the request should have their sigs removed forcibly. :evil

And no lube.

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

General_Failure

Susquehanna Birder

Zanshin

I'm from Jersey-- at least yours doesn't try to do football players.

SD_Eagle5

I erased TO doing the Ray Ray dance as my sig, but is it alright if Yoda stays as my avatar?

"Try not, do, or do not, there is no try"

General_Failure

Wingspan

Quote from: Zanshin on November 08, 2004, 02:38:16 PM
I'm from Jersey-- at least yours doesn't try to do football players.

honestly...i cringe when i see rendell on that terrible postgame show...

i'm going to vote against him in his next election based soley on that.

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.