Around The NFL - 2024

Started by PhillyPhreak54, March 03, 2024, 05:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Rumors coming out on a couple things

1. That the 18 game schedule will have some push from the NFL to the NFLPA. Two bye weeks.

Hope it doesn't happen. But if it does the players have only themselves to blame.

2. A few STs coaches pitched a new kickoff system where the kick off would now be at the opposing 40yd line and any onside kick would have to be declared ahead of time (dumb). This is to promote shorter higher kicks to encourage returns.

MDS

surprise onsides i feel like are a once a season thing? like they never happen, ever. im not opposed to the trade off it means more action on kicks.

the 18 game thing feels inevitable though yea i hate it. i wonder if they start the season a week earlier, do the 2nd bye, and that pushes SB weekend to presidents day and we all have the monday off. the other thing is if they extend it from its current start 2 weeks, it takes us to the 3rd weekend in february and limits the gap between football and baseball (or march madness) ok im in
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 03, 2024, 05:14:00 PM1. That the 18 game schedule will have some push from the NFL to the NFLPA. Two bye weeks.

Hope it doesn't happen. But if it does the players have only themselves to blame.

Note that there won't be a new CBA for a while (the current one expires in 2030 and has no early trigger opt-out), and the current one is limited to 17 games. NFL media really hurting for content right now.

The 2026-2027 Super Bowl is currently scheduled for Valentine's Day. That oughta be interesting.

MDS

broncos eating $84 mil in cap and $35 mil in cash to get rid of ciara's weirdo husband
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Weird situation.

A week ago it was floated he could end up back there.

Who gives him a shot next?

SD

QB Eagles

He will sign with whoever will start him, and there will definitely be suitors because he'll be essentially free, rare for a starting QB. He's gonna make $39M (minus the new salary which could be the vet min) from the Broncos, so he'll go to whoever offers him the best opportunity to start and stay the starter. And though he's obviously fallen off a ton, he's still a starter in a league hurting for QB talent.

MDS

teams that need qbs: minny, tampa, atl, ne, pit, lv, wash, den

at least 2 of those teams will grab maye and daniels. 1 will grab either fields or williams. 1 will be on cuzzo, 1 will be on baker - both are ahead of russ

so thats 8 teams that need qbs and 5 ahead of russ. obviously denver is out. so pick 2 from that list - those 2 will have to decide between russ, a non top 3 qb or whatever else is out there.

maybe, maybe not for him to get a job. highly likely it would be until post draft. very well might be a situation where he is a replacement for a camp/early season qb injury

PhillyPhreak54

A lot of cuts today. The Bills whacked a ton  of guys.

And as a whole there have been a lot of DBs cut

QB Eagles

Teams have learned the lesson that the Eagles just learned. No matter what they've done for you in the recent past, no matter how much their names ring out around the league, old DBs are a problem.

PhillyPhreak54

Broncos trading Jeudy to Cleveland

Diomedes

For a 5th and a 6th round pick.  He might do alright in Cleveland, with defenses paying close attention to Cooper, but I'd be that Steve Smith is right about Just A Guy Jeudy.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Mac Jones traded to Jacksonville according to Schefter for a 6th

Diomedes

The Steelers play the Broncos in Denver this season.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger