Jay Ajayi, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by SD, October 31, 2017, 09:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

Legend has it that there's one Smoothie left in the fabled Eagles Vault, guarded by Jaworski. If Doug is able to listen to three hours of Jaws, he can claim the magic Smoothie and fix this guy's knees.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 31, 2017, 09:44:09 AM
QuoteSomething to keep in mind about Ajayi trade: Dolphins don't believe he has much left in his knees. Longer-term play. Something to watch for.

Yeah that makes sense as to why they'd cut bait

I seem to remember him having the same questions during the draft

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on October 31, 2017, 10:08:33 AM
I HAVE WOOD

Sup dude

The birds gave up their 4th acquired from Minnesota in the Bradford trade

Sgt PSN

This trade seems to have more shock value than actual value.  I mean, I don't necessarily hate this trade but I don't love it either.  That said, if this dude can somehow find his 2016 self then it'd be hard to complain about it. 

MDS

i mean its a 4th round pick, one of 3 they had. the guy has talent. even if his knees are a little shot its a worthwhile risk.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

yeah i don't see the harm in this. not crazy excited either but he should help.

Zanshin

Good trade. Factor in that the Eagles generally spend fourth rounders on absolute garbage, it's basically like getting him for practically nothing. No legitimate downside.

ice grillin you

Quote from: A01 on October 31, 2017, 10:11:55 AM
This trade seems to have more shock value than actual value.  I mean, I don't necessarily hate this trade but I don't love it either.  That said, if this dude can somehow find his 2016 self then it'd be hard to complain about it.

you mean people on the internet overreacted to a sports trade after first hearing of it....unpossible

i probably wouldnt have done it since they only have one out of the first approximately 120 picks in the nfl draft....id wanna keep all my picks....unless you were getting a difference maker....like a upgrade at OT

im not even saying ajayi wont play well but hes probably not the difference in a single win or loss for the rest of the season much less the difference in putting you over the hump to win a SB.....he means much more for next season....that being said im not mad about it or anything and largely feel the same way as you
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Zanshin

I'm factoring in that I have almost no confidence in the Eagles hitting a home run with that fourth rounder, other than blind luck, which they don't typically have in that area of the draft. Curious whether they're done today, actually.

Rome

My buddy sent me a text and I didn't even respond because I thought he was farging with me. 

Holy shtein HOWIE doin' work. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Zanshin on October 31, 2017, 10:26:37 AM
I'm factoring in that I have almost no confidence in the Eagles hitting a home run with that fourth rounder, other than blind luck, which they don't typically have in that area of the draft. Curious whether they're done today, actually.

i mean i hear people say this all the time and im not huge howie fan but thats never an argument to me....by that thinking any team that doesnt think they have a gm that can find someone in the fourth round should just trade all their picks every year...and if you are already worried about his competency then dont you want as many picks as possible for him to hit on something.....they now have one of of the first 120 picks in the draft....again im not trying to say giving another one is the end of the world or anything i just personally wouldnt have done it this year when you have that few bullets

on the flip side i would have easily overpaid for a vaitai upgrade if they had had the picks to do it...which they obviously didnt

MDS

the typical 4th round pick is out of the nfl in 2 seasons...ajayi may well be too because of his knees, but id take him anyday over a 4th.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

put a sauce pan of fantasy football mentality over high heat then sprinkle a pinch of homerism and you have a delicious version of most of the reactions to this trade

rjs246

This is a cheap way to get a look at a young RB at the expense of 1/3 of their fourth round picks. There's literally no down side. /End
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.