i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Allen got 4/$28M

And I see KC then signed Schwartz

Eagaholic

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 09, 2016, 03:42:33 PM
interesting that Texans immediately signed allen....I wonder how their deals compare

also CULTURE

http://espn.go.com/blog/houston-texans/post/_/id/15454/texans-lineman-brandon-brooks-spends-his-offseasons-securing-his-financial-future
Quoteeach student had to submit a "problem puzzle," a real-life situation from their workplace, before class started. Brooks' submission asked how he should talk to a younger player about concussions.

"Brandon's going to do really good things," Rude said.

Rude has taught one other NFL player: Kevin Donnalley, a former Houston Oiler. Donnalley's problem puzzle asked how the team should handle the defensive coordinator taking a swing at the offensive coordinator on the sideline during a game.
Ha!
Side note, Kevin Gilbride was the Giants OC just a couple of years ago.

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 09, 2016, 05:23:12 PM
Allen got 4/$28M

And I see KC then signed Schwartz

Would have preferred Allen at this price or getting a Guard in the draft but overall they upgraded so I'm happy about that

BigEd76

$11M signing bonus (cap hit of $2.2M/year)
2016 = $1M (fully guaranteed)
2017 = $5M (fully guaranteed) + $250K bonus for Pro Bowl
2018 = $8.5M ($4M guaranteed in March 2018) + $500K bonus for Pro Bowl
2019 = $7.5M + $750K bonus for Pro Bowl
2020 = $7M + $1M bonus for Pro Bowl

QB Eagles

PhillyPhreak54

phillycrew

So they just need one more G now and maybe Bradford can stay alive this season.  If given time in the pack, I can see Bradford having a good season.

ice grillin you

no team in the nfl has five great lineman...would I love a rookie draft pick guard to step up and grab a job...certainly....but if its lane peters kelce brooks and barbre im totally good

Eagaholic

Problem is Peters is more likely than not to be hurt a good bit, not to mention other injuries along the line and they have little depth to protect a frail QB who doesn't get rid of the ball quickly (though maybe with the WCO they will get back to emphasizing hot receivers, screens etc). On the other hand they obviously need a couple of years minimum to rebuild to a deep playoff potential despite Howies impressive exorcism of Chip's ghosts, so they can't do it all at once. I'm still uncomfortable without an upgrade to Barbre in there, though. 

Don Ho

Yep, Peters' health scares me almost as much as the depth on the OL
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

QuoteO'BRIEN ON BROOKS

Texans coach Bill O'Brien had glowing things to say about guard Brandon Brooks, who the Eagles signed to a five-year, $40 million contract two weeks ago.

"They're getting a big, big guy -- a guy that has some versatility," O'Brien said of his former player. "He can play different positions. He's a right guard, but he can play tackle in a pinch. He can play center. ... He's, in my opinion, a prototypical guard. He can drive block, he can pass protect three-techniques that are athletic guys. He can pull. He's smart."

So why didn't the Texans, who replaced Brooks with free agent Jeff Allen, retain him?

"Well, I think we tried to," O'Brien said. "We wanted him back. They won the bidding war. We wanted him back."

ice grillin you

haha

QuoteBrandon Brooks said he suffers from anxiety. It's from his obsession with football, he said. He is receiving treatment.

Beermonkey

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 14, 2016, 02:11:46 PM
haha

QuoteBrandon Brooks said he suffers from anxiety. It's from his obsession with football, he said. He is receiving treatment.

Does this happen to other NFL teams? It's like Shawn Andrews again