Connor Barwin, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by Munson, March 14, 2013, 05:51:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

According to 97.5

Reported to be a 6-year deal. Wow.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

DH

Now THIS I like. A 26 year old edge rusher, albeit white.

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 14, 2013, 08:27:48 AMalways gotta be wary of white defenders

you and DH both make me sympathize with the KKK
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

DH

I was actually making fun of igy but ok

DH

Holy shtein, 6 years?? 4 would have been better. Hate this.

General_Failure

Idiot, he should have gotten a five year deal.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

Quote from: DH on March 14, 2013, 06:04:58 PM
I was actually making fun of igy but ok

Oh my bad.  I thought your wife was turning you against your own people for a minute there.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

6 years, $36m, $20m guaranteed. Incentives can get the deal as high as $40m

Edit: Caplan says it's only $8mil guarenteed
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

white defenders can be good in a 3-4 because its easier to scheme them into success versus them having to use their awful athleticism to get loose
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Feva

Quote from: DH on March 14, 2013, 05:57:06 PM
Now THIS I like. A 26 year old edge rusher, albeit white.

Hey, nothing wrong with a big corn-fed mule or two on defense... Love the move.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

ice grillin you

this move is really where gambles importance comes into play....like i was saying in the other thread he went from 12 sacks to 3 the last two years....you need a legit set of football eyes to be able to discern which year was the real player....this is something i dont trust howie to do
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

I love this signing.  Barwin was an animal in 2011. 

SD

Good move. Especially with only $8 million guarantee. Not that it makes a huge difference but he got his 11.5 sacks playing alongside Ryans. At least they're starting to value the LB position.

Feva

Barwin was actually Celek's backup TE at Cincinnati.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PhillyPhanInDC

One of the primary reasons for the decline in sacks has to do with how the Texans used there OLBs last year. With their three down lineman (Watt) able to get so much pressure, then asked their linebackers to play in coverage or to key on backs. It's probably not suitable to explain the whole deal, but the OLBs didn't rush all that much.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.