Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Maybe if he spent more money on pitching they'd not gag in September and people would show up?

MDS

people arent there because theres no season ticket base and all theyre doing is competing for the 5 seed...its not that special

the sad thing is theyve spent tons on pitching. wheeler, gibson, syndergaard, knebel. eflin and nola arent cheap. they took on robertsons contract. they paid familia to go away. the money was just not spent efficiently.

magic number down to 12 and they havent won a game in a week
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah I'll rephrase

Spent their money on players who are good and not losers and failures.

I don't know what they charge for STs but I know when we had the Astros it was around $10k for half a season in the club section and another $13k-ish for post season.

So if they're anywhere close to that...I get it

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 20, 2022, 11:19:31 PM
Spent their money on players who are good and not losers and failures.

uhhh are you new here...this is what they do lol

the ticket price thing to me really has no bearing on anything. its something for the normies to complain about but even if you cut everything in half it wouldnt significantly increase attendance. there are plenty of people with money to burn or people who will spend a little more than they should to go, if they were good. it really boils down to that.

they need to win playoff series and compete for divisions otherwise people arent gonna go. same as any other team in any other city. they havent done that in a decade and arent doing that now. its not that deep.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 20, 2022, 08:06:13 PM
Yeah I haven't even turned it on. Was gonna watch during dinner but farg it

Had an appointment so missed the Givesome, Goonrod, Broken Brogden variety hour but unfortunately turned it on in time to see Brad Helping Hands. That was enough brain trauma for one night.  8 -12 last twenty games.  I know Milwaukee has to play lights out the next 2 weeks and go 11-3, 10-4 and the Bums can go 8-7, 7-8 and still get in but does anyone even see 7 wins here?  Perfect world they win 4 against Nats but Braves, Chicago has disaster written all over it.  Houston will have AL homefield clinched by the last series and will probably roll over but the way this team has played the past month it's not encouraging.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

This is going to end... poorly.

PhillyPhreak54

I see things are going great tonight.

Harper and Hoskins ABs...Jesus Christ guys

PhillyPhreak54

Stott.

What the farg, son.

SD

PhillyPhreak54

Vlad obliterated one.

Of course.

Of farging course he did.

Five farging years in a row this team chokes in September. Five! It's amazing.

No team rips your farging soul out like this collection of farging iceholes.

PhillyPhreak54

They've tied it.

I expect them to blow it.

Geowhizzer

SD

According to tmac the ghost runner is gone next season

PhillyPhreak54

According to PhillyPhreak54 this team needs to be gone next season

THROW STRIKES FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

PhillyPhreak54