Anyone seen a good movie lately?

Started by henchmanUK, December 09, 2004, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

I own a Clockwork Orange and think its a good movie, I just think its been overrated by the cult following (see BladeRunner). I'm sure I would enjoy the book even more.

ice grillin you

Quote from: rjs246 on April 01, 2008, 05:17:17 PM
To my knowledge, SD never makes comments about movies that are more than 20 years old being 'unwatchable' simply because they're old, but if you're gonna get all huffy and sensitive about it I'll take back my observation about your movie tastes. I really don't care.

the general rule is pre 1965 is unwatchable
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

methdeez

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 06:42:23 PM
Quote from: rjs246 on April 01, 2008, 05:17:17 PM
To my knowledge, SD never makes comments about movies that are more than 20 years old being 'unwatchable' simply because they're old, but if you're gonna get all huffy and sensitive about it I'll take back my observation about your movie tastes. I really don't care.

the general rule is pre 1965 is unwatchable
If I actually cared I would bust out a list of movies that you should see.
But I don't.

In general, I know what you are saying as I used to feel the same way (although I don't know where your irrational hatred of B&W comes from). I though the dialogue was over dramatic and unrealistic and the movies boring, fake and not relatable to me.
But it's not true. There are many good movies from pre-1965, you just have to look a little harder.

ice grillin you

ive seen many of them and so far they all suck...im sure there are some goods ones which is why i said its a general rule...however pretty much stay away from old movies and youll have a much better and rewarding life

Father Demon

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 07:57:49 PM
ive seen many of them and so far they all suck...im sure there are some goods ones which is why i said its a general rule...however pretty much stay away from general biases and youll have a much better and rewarding life
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

rjs246

The explosions look more realer now.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 07:57:49 PM
ive seen many of them and so far they all suck...

no.  you've seen shtein.  at most, a dozen of the "big" hits.  if you had seen many, you wouldn' t be posting this.

or you're a fraud
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

seen more than you thats guaranteed

ive seen every oscar winner from 1940 on...thats 25 right there

Rome

I just watched The Great Escape the other night and it's one of the best movies ever made.   If only there were real movie stars like Steve McQueen still around.  What pale imitators this generation of Hollywood twinks are.

5/5

Also watched the original version of On The Beach.  The book is a trillion times better, of course, but the original movie wasn't bad.

2.5/5

Phanatic

Psycho was 1960! Not a good movie?

I saw it again recently and was blown away by it.
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

Phanatic

Birds is on the Chill channel right now. 1963. Not good either?
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

Diomedes

MDS

Election- haha, funny. haha. 3.5/5
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I would have voted for Paul Metzler, but would have banged Tracy Flick.