Get advice from smart people on medical procedures

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, January 12, 2011, 02:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

They've been terrible this year.  Normally if its under 24 hours i'll just pull em and not think twice about it.  This one was on a max of 2 hours, and oddly enough I got it in Glenn Mills PA, not in the woods home where I'm used to them. 

And Hbionic, Deer ticks are essentially the size of a poppy seed, tough to spot if you don't check your self or know that something looks off. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Diomedes

Ticks are great for reducing the relationship between man and wife to its most basic animal purpose:  bend over, spread wide and let her check that you don't have one on your taint.  Sexy.

That or keep to yourself and worry, is that itch just an itch...or am I going to end up in the ER with a festering tick boil because I wouldn't let my woman check me.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Quote from: Eagaholic on July 06, 2014, 10:15:23 PM
Quote from: SD on July 06, 2014, 08:28:32 AM

It's gastritis. Doc said too much alcohol combined with the ibuprofen I take for my back. Put me on Zantac 150 which minimizes your stomach acid.
Did he by chance mention anything about less alcohol?

Got scoped today, it's an ulcer. They have me a list of shtein I can't eat for a wile. No alcohol/caffeine is the killer.

Diomedes

I have either developed arthritis, or I have Lyme disease. 

I will delay seeing a doctor about this for probably another year, so don't hang on line for the results.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Eagaholic

Dio, if you might have Lyme disease definitely get it checked out ASAP. I know several people whose lives are permanently farged from it because they didn't catch it early on. Don't put it off. 

Diomedes

Well, I took almost thirty ticks out of my flesh this season, so chances are that's good advice. 

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Diomedes on July 08, 2014, 04:34:43 PM
Ticks are great for reducing the relationship between man and wife to its most basic animal purpose:  bend over, spread wide and let her check that you don't have one on your taint.  Sexy.

That or keep to yourself and worry, is that itch just an itch...or am I going to end up in the ER with a festering tick boil because I wouldn't let my woman check me.

This was my least favorite thing when I was a grunt. I was single so I didn't have a lady friend to check my undercarriage, so it was either stand over a mirror to check myself, have my roommate check for me, or go to medical and have them take a look. I found out the hard way that using tweezers around such a sensitive area while working backwards with your reflection was a terrible idea. No way in hell was I going to have my roommate look, let alone touch. So I just went to the doc every week. This was a leading factor in my decision to leave the infantry.

hbionic

I just re-read this whole thread...funniest thread on the board candidate. By the way, Eagaholic is the board MD. Droppin' knowledge son!
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Diomedes on October 18, 2014, 12:38:23 AM
I have either developed arthritis, or I have Lyme disease. 

I will delay seeing a doctor about this for probably another year, so don't hang on line for the results.
FUN.  Don't wait too long, it all depends on your immune system, but waiting is the worst with those fargers. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

smeags

Quote from: Eagaholic on October 18, 2014, 02:30:00 AM
Dio, if you might have Lyme disease definitely get it checked out ASAP. I know several people whose lives are permanently farged from it because they didn't catch it early on. Don't put it off.

my wife would be one of those. been dealing with issues ever since the worst being the chronic migraines. dont farg with that shtein dio.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Diomedes

Chronic migraines?  farg that.  Gotta go find a doctor.

small rant:  I hate doctors.  All you hear on the news and from the policy makers and medical trade associations, etc. is this bullshtein about the sacred relationship between doctor and patient, but in the real world, doctors don't give a farg about people, don't remember them, don't know them or their families or their lifestyles...none of that.  I can't tell you how many sacred relationships I've had with doctors because the insurance changes and won't let me see the same one anymore, or the doctor moves to another network whatever the farg that means, etc.  I've had my GP ask me who my GP is.  You, icehole.  We recently got shifted off our family internist because of I don't know what and so now I have to go find another goddamn doctor who will tell me the same farging shtein as the others (principally drink less and farg you I'll have an extra one tonight) and give me maybe three minutes of his/her attention.  Which attention will be directed to the computer screen, of course, not me.  I have zero faith that these sonsofbitches will actually help me fend off Lyme if I've got it...I'll be the one doing all the goddamn footwork to get the right treatment.

Seabiscuit36

Damn, sounds like you just need to find the right doctor.  What most doctors or clinics will do is have you do a cbc panel looking for the enzymes that often pop for lyme.  Unfortunately its not always accurate and can take months to build up to levels where its recognizable, so I've always just elected to get the doxycycline treatments.  You should be able to go into any clinic, explain that you were exposed to multiple ticks over the summer, and you're not experiencing joint pain.  Giving you a 2 week cycle of doxy is cheap, and its not like you're asking for Oxycontin.  All i have to do is call my doctors office, and they'll fill a script that day. 

The bitch of Lymes is that there are so many quacks who claim to have it, that most GP's were taught to treat it similar to Fibromyalgia which was forever considered a psychological phenomena.  There's a murky world of crackpots out there who blame everything under the sun on lymes, creating a subculture of doctors who they call Lyme Literate Doctors who are careful to not put their names out there for fear of ridicule from their colleagues.  Ultimately, you're a guy who needs your physical health for your livelihood, so just get the Doxy, do the bloodwork if you don't see any improvement. 

SD

farging gerd is horrible. Been taking nexium and trying to watch my diet but it's still bad. Tried high fiber foods and probiotics too but nothing's working.

PhillyPhreak54

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds