Get advice from smart people on medical procedures

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, January 12, 2011, 02:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: rjs246 on February 24, 2012, 09:36:42 AM
Uh huh. Tell you what. Change NOTHING else about your diet and drink 1 gallon of 1% per week for a month or two and tell me how it goes.

It'll solve any lingering mud butt issues.

Tomahawk

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 24, 2012, 09:40:43 AM
Uh huh. Tell you what. Change NOTHING else about your diet and drink 1 gallon of 1% per week for a month or two and tell me how it goes.

rjs, your adamant refusal to believe the scientific facts about milk is literally the same as SD's refusal to acknowledge man-made global warming is real.

Sassy, milk doesn't cause mud butt issues.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Eagaholic

Quote from: Tomahawk on February 24, 2012, 04:50:30 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 24, 2012, 09:40:43 AM

rjs, your adamant refusal to believe the scientific facts about milk is literally the same as SD's refusal to acknowledge man-made global warming is real.

Sassy, milk doesn't cause mud butt issues.

Milk can and does cause mud butt for people who are lactose intolerant.

Whether milk is healthy is controversial, even among experts. Some parts, such as calcium can be very helpful for bone growth and prevent osteoporosis while someone with high cholesterol pounding whole milk is probably a bad idea and could lead to early death.

Milk has been associated with several diseases with varying degrees of probability (e.g. prostate cancer, cardiovascular) but a bigger controversy is about much of the milk sold in the US, which comes from cows using bovine growth hormone. It is a serious enough issue that many countries including Canada, the European Union and Japan have banned its use, and the import of US dairy products have been banned in the European Union for maybe 10 years.

There's a lot of propaganda of either side of the arguments, the most extreme probably coming from the American Dairy Farmers or PETA on the other side.

PETA has a pleasant article called something like "Got Pus?" which deals with how the growth hormone causes mastitis in cows which forms pus, and the allowable limits of pus (and also blood from the infected teats) in milk is far higher in the US than other places such as European nations. Each state also sets its specs and I think Florida allows the most, by a good margin. Bon appe tit.

Geowhizzer

Don Ho

Just had Taco Bell, now I'm ready to die.  I'm sure that meal was loaded with some filth.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

hbionic

Quote from: Eagaholic on February 25, 2012, 03:15:18 AMPETA has a pleasant article called something like "Got Pus?" which deals with how the growth hormone causes mastitis in cows which forms pus, and the allowable limits of pus (and also blood from the infected teats) in milk is far higher in the US than other places such as European nations. Each state also sets its specs and I think Florida allows the most, by a good margin. Bon appe tit.

Congratulations Eagaholic...you have forever ruined Milk for me. I'm looking straight at my fridge and looking at a pus filled gallon. Jesus, even though I'm overreacting...just the word pus related to milk has probably effectively ended my desire for it. I would reach for Soy milk, but soy has estrogen and I don't want my tits to grow any larger.

Calcium pills, here I come.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Geowhizzer

Just think of it as extra protein in your diet...

Rome

We drink organic milk these days.  Since we don't actually drink all that much of it to begin with the exorbitant additional cost isn't bad.  Honestly, though, it doesn't taste any different to me than regular milk.

Seabiscuit36

So i ripped my ankle up last fall.  Was in a walking boot for two months, and my ankle hasn't recovered, so i'm Ryan Howard minus the hole the foot.  I had torn all of the ligaments on the outside of my right ankle.  Now i'm getting massive pain on the inside above the ankle ball.  Anyone dealt with a grade 3 sprain, and pain months later on the other side of the ankle?  I'm guessing my ligaments are farged on that side as well. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhreak54

Pretty much.

I let mine go on until I couldn't walk anymore and had to have it repaired.

Gotta get the surgery.

Dillen

When you really mess up your ankle chances are it's messed up for life. I've broken or grade 3'd my right ankle like 4 times and then had less severe sprains on that ankle another 10 times or so. It's permanently twice the size it should be and I have simple dumbass problems. I can't walk, stand or run with it completely straight, it's always turned outwards. Just about any time I step on hard uneven ground like rocks or whatever it'll get busted and then feel sore for days after. If you farged up the ligaments on one side, the other side was under more pressure than it's used to and since ankle ligaments seem to be enormous vaginas they probably couldn't handle it. Rehabbing it doing things like ankle alphabets worked a little for me but they're so tedious and so difficult to actually see results I quit doing them. Rubberband exercises were very good though, I'd look into those.

PhillyPhreak54

That's how mine were and my right one is still like that since I haven't had that one fixed yet. Once they do the surgery they will tighten up the ligaments to the point of being a tad over-tight and they will have to loosen up. It took about three months post-op until it felt normal again.

methdeez

Quote from: Tomahawk on February 24, 2012, 12:33:32 AM
Milk is good for you and helps burn fat:

http://www.menshealth.com/mhlists/dairy_products/index.php
A fair amount of research shows that your body doesn't adjust to liquid calories. If you eat 500 calories of cheese, you will eat less that day, if you drink 500 cal of milk, you won't change what you eat.
A simple way to lose weight is to just not drink anything besides water, or tea or coffee with no sugar or milk. This includes 'diet' drinks with fake sugar, which may do weird things to your metabolism. Also, you know, walk around and shtein and don't eat fast food.

PhillyPhreak54

One thing I've held onto is diet coke. I need some flavor when I eat and I get "watered out" from drinking so much