"Shhhhh-the Eagles are hunting for fullbacks........

Started by bobbyinlondon, September 05, 2005, 08:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbyinlondon

http://www.delcotimes.com

Apparently, they and the Fins put in a claim for Kyle Eckel, whom the Patriots tried to sneak through on waivers so they could put him on their practice squad. The Fins got him because of their record. Now, Miami has a glut of RBs and FBs still----

Travis Minor--returns kicks and plays STs
Ronnie Brown
Ricky Williams
Heath Evans-signed as a UFA from Seattle (FB)
Jessie Chatman--signed Saturday
Sammy Morris--signed in 04 as a UFA (RB and FB)
Kyle Eckel--rookie FB

PoopyfaceMcGee

Ricky Williams doesn't count against their roster while he's suspended.  I think the most likely person they'd drop would be Sammy Morris, and I have zero interest in him whatsoever, especially as a FB.

Diomedes

If true, the fact that the Eagles put in a claim on Eckel doesn't mean they're unhappy with Parry.  It could very possibly just be a matter of trying to add a good young prospect to the organization on the PS. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Diomedes on September 05, 2005, 10:19:25 AM
If true, the fact that the Eagles put in a claim on Eckel doesn't mean they're unhappy with Parry.  It could very possibly just be a matter of trying to add a good young prospect to the organization on the PS. 

Exactly. Did you think Eckel, having never been on this team and in this offense, would supplant Parry?  ::) Hardly.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Hokie-Eagles Fan

And again I ask, where the hell is Thomas Tapeh? Is he still injured? Where is he?

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Hokie-Eagles Fan on September 05, 2005, 10:57:50 AM
And again I ask, where the hell is Thomas Tapeh? Is he still injured? Where is he?

Yes, still injured. I believe they put him om the PUP list. He's not close to coming back. He probably won't play this year at all.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen