Joe Flacco, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by PhillyPhreak54, March 23, 2021, 07:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Elite addition to Howie's QB Factory.

General_Failure

Already buying the black alternate jersey. I might get to wear it more than the Shawn Andrews jersey that I'm still mad about.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah I curse myself when I see mine in my closet

MDS

i like a local and everything but is he really better than nate sudfeld
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

You can't have Hurts out there looking over his shoulder for the Studfeld every time he screws up.

QB Eagles

Instant upgrade over last year's QB room.

Eagaholic

Quote from: General_Failure on March 23, 2021, 09:50:43 PM
Already buying the black alternate jersey. I might get to wear it more than the Shawn Andrews jersey that I'm still mad about.
I hope you keep that in front of the Stacey Andrews jersey so you don't have to look at it.

Don Ho

Seabiscuit all jacked!  Let's go Blue Hens!!!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on March 23, 2021, 10:38:22 PM
i like a local and everything but is he really better than nate sudfeld

if his neck is healed he's way better...of course that aint sayin much because sudfeld is one of the worst qb's ive ever seen
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

I'll take Sudfeld over Wentz right now, and it's not even close.

Rome

I'm not sure why anyone is bitching about this signing.  He's a perfect backup.  He's going to tutor Hurts and no one will be clamoring for him to be the starter when Hurts goes through the inevitable growing pains as a starter.

Diomedes

I'm pleased by this because he's clearly no challenge to Hurts, so the kid knows this is his shot.  Let's see what he can do.

Flacco isn't worse than Foles, might be better.  If he has some time to read--admittedly a big if, but that's true of any team--then he's fine, could even approach decent.  His arm is still there. And he's not Foles, whose presence on the roster would create a goddamn circus in Philly.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

theres no point in bitching about it or being happy about it...its a meaningless move

1. you are not going to find a better more mature leader in a young qb than hurtz so flacco isnt needed there

2. you arent going to find two qb's who are more different in terms of their playing style...so thats where the coaching staff will come into play not flacco

3. who cares how good flacco is this is a 3-5 win team whether he plays or not....its not like they need a good back up to keep the team afloat if their starter goes down
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Quote from: Rome on March 24, 2021, 10:06:07 AM
I'm not sure why anyone is bitching about this signing.  He's a perfect backup.  He's going to tutor Hurts and no one will be clamoring for him to be the starter when Hurts goes through the inevitable growing pains as a starter.

its a small potatoes thing but they could save 2ish mil, roll the money to over to 2022 and sign an equally worthless backup
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

In general, I don't see what the big deal is about bringing in someone to compete for the starting job. That's what a QB competition is -- a chance to make your case to start by outperforming the team's other options. That's what these guys are used to going back to their college days. Just makes no sense to do it this particular season since they are very likely going to be terrible and have many priorities beyond QB to address before becoming competitive, so an extended look at what they have in Hurts isn't going to cost them a playoff spot or something.