CF = Malware????

Started by PhillyPhanInDC, July 09, 2009, 11:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susquehanna Birder

Have you totally cleared your cache before revisiting here?

Sgt PSN

just did.   i know that clearing the cache will help free up some space and speed up browsing, etc, but how would that help with viruses?

General_Failure

If you're loading up the same old copy of a page that was buggy, you're going to get the bugs coming back.

The man. The myth. The legend.

rjs246

The hoops we have to jump through to read each other's drivel don't seem worth it.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyPhanInDC

The website at www.concretefield.info contains elements from the site www.step-traff.info, which appears to host malware – software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer.

One of them is an Adobe Reader exploit, I got similarly named Trojans to Sarge. Clearing cache has no effect, it's on the site.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

General_Failure

Just did a quick upload of clean copies of all the files the board uses, which naturally screwed up the board for a few minutes.

Diomedes

Getting warnings like this when I visit :CF

Warning
Dangerous web site
You have attempted to open a dangerous Web sit

Address: http://www.google-query.com/ga.php
Credibility: Dangerous
Category: Spyware
Suggestion: Close your web browser window and do not reopen this web site

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhanInDC

It is pretty bad. Can no longer access from work, whatever it is, it's using a remote execution exploit in Adobe Reader. Updating the reader didn't stop it, however McAfee and Symantec pick it up. I've been using Firefox, which thwarts it, but IE and Chrome get pwned.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

PhillyPhreak54

I use Firefox and luckily haven't seen anything.

I ran Malaware, CC Cleaner and Norton the other day and nothing got picked up.

General_Failure

Its all cleaned up again for the moment. I've changed the FTP password. Until Dreamhost believes the problem is on their end, or until I've got the money to switch servers (don't count on that happening any time soon), I'll be cleaning things up on a regular basis.

MURP

Sgt PSN

when i'm at work, i still have pages that get cut off at the bottom and i have to hit the reply button to be able to view the most recent posts, but i'm used to it now.  no problems at all from my home pc though.  i think dio was having the same problem.  wonder if he still is?   

Susquehanna Birder

Diomedes

yeah, I'm still getting it...very strange.  it happens only on my laptop, and regardless which browser I use.  it frustrates me, I have no idea what to do about it.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

reese125

what did your internet provider say Dio? You might have malware on some internal files on your hard drive they can delete for you