2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

If the season ended today, basticho's opponent average of .112 would be the best in major league history for any pitcher with over 50 innings pitched.

Rome

He's given up 19 hits in 50.2 IP.  That's almost unimaginable.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Rome

It's September 2nd and their playoff magic number is 12.

Think about that for a second.  We always joke that shtein would be over by Labor Day and damn if it almost was.

PoopyfaceMcGee

They can play sub-.500 ball for the remainder of the season and still get 100 wins.

Rome

Yeah, but with the Braves lurkin' and all, they might not wanna do that.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Haha, Bonnie Bernstein:

Quote#Phillies have won 13 str behind Vance Worley. A rookie for cryin out loud. As if their rotation's not stacked enuf. #BitterMetsFan

BigEd76

So this weekend is the Phils' last visit to the empty square stadium where the Dolphins play, and other than Halladay's perfect game and that 10-run 9th six years ago, it's pretty much sucked there.  Barajas not blocking the plate....Uggla's grand slam off Tom Gordon....Myers blowing out his arm....everything about 2003...

Good riddance.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

MDS

im just giving easy a hard time

its how i do

though at the end of the day i love that little wop
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

SD

Geowhizzer

Quote from: SD on September 02, 2011, 08:42:11 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on September 02, 2011, 08:26:47 PM
More MAAAyberry magic.

250+ less at bats, 3 less HRs and 7 less RBIs then Werth. Much higher BA too.

Not sure if something finally clicked this year of if he'll be a one-year wonder, but he's been a nice addition this year.

Munson

Well there was a lot of talk about him changing his stance while in the minors wasn't there?
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds