2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

I don't disagree with that.  Not everyone can have Munson-like athletic ability and baseball could use all the fans it can get, even math dorks.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 15, 2011, 05:13:04 PM
sabremetrics is not fine and that includes babip......babip didnt even exist 15 years ago and the game was exactly the same as it is now

babip and the like are for nerds who dont really like sports but want to be included in them

Ignoring stats like xFip, WAR, etc, the last 15 years have introduced statistics (or at least made them more prevalent) that are very relevant.  Things like OPS/OBP didn't get much play 15 years ago and they're critical, much like WHIP is massively important and so is K/BB ratios.  So I while I agree on one end, filing everything that isn't avg/rbi/hr/wins/era as being irrelevant and nerdy is short sighted.

Munson

Igy overgeneralizing and being short sighted? Get out of here.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Eagles_Legendz

Geowhizzer

Worley wishes the other scrub pitchers in the rotation would starting pulling their weight.  He's tired of carrying the load by himself...

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Anybody understand that balk call against Dickey?

Also:  Rauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuulllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Geowhizzer

AAAberry comes through again.

Looks like Brown came up a little lame at home?

Geowhizzer

b-man

MDS

i dont know who b-twat is but she seems like a real funhole
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: b-man on July 15, 2011, 09:46:55 PM
C'mon, Chuck. Get Stutes the hell out of here.

Big concern for me was sheer number of pitches for him.  Probably not available tomorrow - not that it matters if Madson is.

Hard to take basticho out of the closer role right now.  1-for-48?  Wow.

Geowhizzer

Hamels-Niese tomorrow.
Kendrick-Pelfrey Sunday.

Halladay and Lee being held out until the Cubs series on Monday.

PhillyPhreak54

Yo Orodenker - get on your knees and get to work on MAAAyberry, fool.

MDS

what can i say, when i said it didnt matter which one they got rid of--him or francisco--since both of them suck, i guess i might have been wrong.

francisco sucks just a little bit more.

p.s. here is your map for tomorrow. http://www.the506.com/temp11.html

looks like most of us are getting the shaft.