2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

I'll express displeasure when they suck and excitement when they don't.

That's what fans do, sportswriter.

MDS

i never said you couldnt, buddy

but its not the oh my god they suck trade everyone atlanta is too good (the one havas wants you to believe). its the hopefully they can salvage enough wins out of this until they get healthy, then make a move for another bat.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

Quote from: MDS on May 16, 2011, 09:29:54 PM
i never said you couldnt, buddy

but its not the oh my god they suck trade everyone atlanta is too good (the one havas wants you to believe). its the hopefully they can salvage enough wins out of this until they get healthy, then make a move for another bat.

Yeah you do, by constantly complaining about everybody who says anything remotely negative in this thread. Get on your daddy for his "the division is lost" rhetoric, but otherwise let some actual baseball talk happen in here.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

That's exactly what I was getting at.

Between him whining like a fag whenever someone has the audacity to talk about baseball and IGY portending doom with each post, it's become even less tolerable in here than usual.

I'm all for sarcasm and mockery but whenever someone tries to post anything baseball related MDS starts in again with his bullshtein. 

PhillyPhreak54

Munson

perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

Quote from: Rome on May 16, 2011, 09:46:04 PM
That's exactly what I was getting at.

Between him whining like a fag whenever someone has the audacity to talk about baseball and IGY portending doom with each post, it's become even less tolerable in here than usual.

I'm all for sarcasm and mockery but whenever someone tries to post anything baseball related MDS starts in again with his bullshtein. 

lol

im not gonna get in your way of great baseball-related gems like "the offense sucks" and "the bats really need to pick it up."

by all means, vent.

and if you can, parallel the offensive struggles to the great flood of 1927 and how grover cleveland alexander took some hard luck losses that year.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

Munson

This is hopefully what the lineup will look like a month from now....

Rollins
Polanco
Utley
Howard
Mayberry/Fransisco
Victorino
Brown/Raul
Chooch

It honestly can't possibly be any worse than Orr/Martinez/Valdez/Bums, and Raul getting AB's every day

Don Ho

Ok, trying to stay positive here but farging eh this offense is pathetic right now.  Lee didn't have his best stuff tonight and Doc had another 8th inning meltdown, which happens twice every decade so he's met his quota, but they keep this team in every game.  They're lucky that a bad game for the big 4 is a 3 run outburst by the opponent. I think Utley will obviously help but if everyone is sitting here thinking Dominic Brown is the answer, oh man I don't know.  Rube's got be wearing out the dial pad on his cell phone calling around the league looking for a bat.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: Munson on May 16, 2011, 09:59:42 PM
This is hopefully what the lineup will look like a month from now....

Rollins
Polanco
Utley
Howard
Mayberry/Fransisco
Victorino
Brown/Raul
Chooch

It honestly can't possibly be any worse than Orr/Martinez/Valdez/Bums, and Raul getting AB's every day

True.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

They need Sir Gritsalot back.

Ruiz should start to hit soon, he's solid and I dont worry too much about him.

The worry points are LF and RF. I'd drop Francisco back to the bench and let Mayberry take over. He cannot do worse than Francisco.

They have to get an OF. But what do they do with Raul?

MDS

PhillyPhreak54

And what's your homie Roob gonna do? Who will he get?

What is Carlos Lee's contract situation? He signed a mega-deal, is it almost up? He's awful defensively but can hit. Raul is awful defensively and cannot hit. I like the Carlos Quentin idea a lot, but what will Kenny Williams want?

Salisbury points out the following;

Your Phightin' Phils have scored 3 or fewer runs in half of their games.

Don Ho