Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Don Ho

Nola needs to be on a three inning pitch count.  He obviously will never figure this out.  Great little end of year and early post-season run and thank you but this was simply an all-time low for his spineless backbone.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD

Was #1 board fandemic in khakis and a Rollins jersey today? Think I just saw you on the news

MDS

i was down there but god no i would never wear that

nola mid game meltdown. we back fam
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

MAGAaron was sad about Cheeto Dick getting indicted.

He also apparently slept through the implementation of the pitch clock all spring bc it apparently was his issue today. 

ice grillin you

its kind of staggering how bad this pitching staff is....bullpens are fluid the worst one in april could be one of the best in august but this starting rotation is an abomination
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Joe Blanton would be the #2.  Think about that. 

MDS

yea joe blanton is better than nola and wheeler. hes not even better than average ass taijuan walker.

god you drama queens
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Nola blows. But his babipittyboop is awesome.

MDS

joe blanton was so good was a relief pitcher 2 years after 08....nola is about to make more money than your middle class ass can fathom

but he sucks! he blows!

SD

I wouldn't give Nola a massive contract extension but I'm willing to give him the benefit of doubt since that was his first real game pitching with a timer. He was fine first 3 innings, 4th inning you could tell he wasn't himself. Same with deGrom. The pitch counter isn't some minor change it's a huge farging change.

MDS

aaron nola has been in the big leagues since 2015 and 117 era+ (17% better than the league avg), 3.60 era, 1.13 whip. hes prone to mid game meltdowns and had a mid game metldown.

benefit of the doubt! one more of these and he should be CUT

Geowhizzer

Nola has his faults, but comparing him to Joe Blanton is preposterous.  Heck, Steve Carlton was 13-20 with nearly a 4.00 ERA in 1973.

I think that Nola is 5th in wins since 2020.

MDS

you were so close to a good point then you went and referenced wins

geo my man

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on March 31, 2023, 01:12:11 PM
you were so close to a good point then you went and referenced wins

geo my man

I'm old.  Get over it.  ;D