Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

i swear on my life i am the greatest baseball mind there is
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

its not even christmas and their roster is locked in except for 3/4 spots (minus injury of course)

c: realmuto, stubbs
inf: hoskins, stott, turner, bohm, sosa, maton
of: schwarbs, vierling, marsh, castellanos
sp: wheels, nola, ranger, walker
rp: ser, kimbrel, alvarado, strohm, brogdon, bellati

they have 1 offensive spot open that will be darrick hall or a non-roster invitee. its a placeholder spot for bryce, so nothing theyll invest in id guess.

that leaves 3 pitching spots. either 2 bullpen (younger guys with options) and 1 starter or 2 starters (falter, painter) and 1 bullpen. my early read is theyd want to do a 6 man, so painter and falter to the rotation and somebody like chris sanchez or nick nelson as the last bullpen spot.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

nothing has changed...they are a third place in the division borderline playoff team...two questions are can they sneak in again and if they do can they have another miracle run

possibly and definitely not
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

shocking, i thought igy would have the optimistic take

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 23, 2022, 08:53:10 PM
nothing has changed...they are a third place in the division borderline playoff team...two questions are can they sneak in again and if they do can they have another miracle run

possibly and definitely not

They came 2 games from winning the World Series last year. They upgraded hitting, starting pitching and their bullpen. The Mets can go win 110 games in the regular season this teams proven they can make a post season run.

MDS

the fact that he has them over the nationals is his way of saying theyll be good...its like the opposite of when j thinks the eagles will win "a close one."

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on December 23, 2022, 08:05:08 PM

Johnny M slip you inside info?

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on December 23, 2022, 09:44:43 PM
the fact that he has them over the nationals is his way of saying theyll be good...its like the opposite of when j thinks the eagles will win "a close one."

Lolol nice

ice grillin you

Ill bet anyone here they win 90 games or less and some combination or separate bet they dont even make the NLCS. 

I will hope for money but expect crickets.

MDS

their current total that im seeing is 83....typical hebrew giving himself 7 free wins

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 23, 2022, 10:48:06 PM

Johnny M slip you inside info?

i thought about that move over the past few days and finally got around to putting it out there....your boy dombo def reads my shtein

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on December 23, 2022, 11:22:48 PM
their current total that im seeing is 83

Damn im good...like i said nothing has changed...it comes down to do you think they have another miracle postseason run...answer is obviously no

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 24, 2022, 12:14:16 AM
Quote from: MDS on December 23, 2022, 11:22:48 PM
their current total that im seeing is 83

Damn im good...like i said nothing has changed...it comes down to do you think they have another miracle postseason run...answer is obviously no

It's a dumb bet proposal they're without their best player half the season and play in one of the if not the toughest division in baseball. Even the biggest Phillies homer (J?) didn't think they'd dominate the NL and make it to the WS. What we know is they can. You're sort of oblivious to enjoying the Phillies being relevant again by stating "nothing has changed".

Don Ho

I told you Todd I often borrowed your posts all season and threw them at my Philly fan base brethren here.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

Kimbrel for $10M is absurd if he's got anything left.  He was awful last year but he's worth a shot.

Geowhizzer