Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

I like Eflin in this relief role.

Bummed i missed the game

Does Middy give Todd a Jeter gift basket tonight?

SD

middleton_defense_series

MDS

we def had a man hug after the game

it was a big group so we only a few mins to chat.
-doesnt blame the fans for not coming because "weve sucked for the past 10 years." yes, this is true.
-wants eflin back but theyre unsure if hes a starter or reliever going forward
-thinks painter is starting in 2023 in the rotation but he wont make 200 innings so they have to figure out a plan to manage him
-told me brian barber, the scouting director, said he believes mcgarry is top 5 in the organization in pure stuff

i also got some dirt on philly politics if anyone wants that

the box was incredible. open bar, they brought up manco and manco then shake shack. chicken fingers, dogs, popcorn, pretzels, nachos, etc. i was kinda drunk and at my puke limit with food. they def lose this game without what happened last night. the umpiring was an absolute joke though my god.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Atta way son! Coming through. How did you score the seats again?

May as well spill the politics dirt too.

Is McGarry and Painter up next year to start? Or maybe they keep Painter down til June?

I like Eflin as a reliever. But if he wants to start someone will pay him as one

MDS

on the sunday game with all the rain (i wasnt there), my boy ran into john and they hung for the rest of the game. he said he wanted to do something nice since we're at every game and were outside the gates during the covid year. so this was 100% middleton just throwing out the red carpet for normal ass fans.

his exact words on painter were "i bet you $100 he breaks camp next year with us." so id take that has hes breaking camp with them lol. then he immediately pivoted to the innings limit. mentioned maybe doing a 6 man. i said the padres shut down paddack a few years ago for 1 month to make sure he was good through september. so it would have to be something like that.

i dont think itll be both mcgarry and painter, but the 2 of them and abel are going to be making a push next year. with wheeler, nola, suarez, falter, theyll have some depth here for the first time in forever. looks like no more $10-15 million mediocre average starters like gibson and arrieta.

i agree about eflin as a reliever. he may not want to do it though. hes always been a starter. but his body hasnt let him do it. he could probably get a 2 year deal as a reliever but would have to go 1 as a starter.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Matt farging Vierling

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on September 22, 2022, 11:44:40 PM
on the sunday game with all the rain (i wasnt there), my boy ran into john and they hung for the rest of the game. he said he wanted to do something nice since we're at every game and were outside the gates during the covid year. so this was 100% middleton just throwing out the red carpet for normal ass fans.

his exact words on painter were "i bet you $100 he breaks camp next year with us." so id take that has hes breaking camp with them lol. then he immediately pivoted to the innings limit. mentioned maybe doing a 6 man. i said the padres shut down paddack a few years ago for 1 month to make sure he was good through september. so it would have to be something like that.

i dont think itll be both mcgarry and painter, but the 2 of them and abel are going to be making a push next year. with wheeler, nola, suarez, falter, theyll have some depth here for the first time in forever. looks like no more $10-15 million mediocre average starters like gibson and arrieta.

i agree about eflin as a reliever. he may not want to do it though. hes always been a starter. but his body hasnt let him do it. he could probably get a 2 year deal as a reliever but would have to go 1 as a starter.

Good shtein

MDS

middleton is in love with me/us...he was back again

i got a good bobby dickerson story, some spontaneous aaron nola complaining, and a tidbit about the city connect jerseys coming next year -- the prototypes were black and he and hated them.

it was cold AF. bryce needs to get going. but im feelin much better now about them pulling this off.

PhillyPhreak54

Share the stories dammit!

SD

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 23, 2022, 11:59:19 PM
Share the stories dammit!

they wanted to keep dickerson after 2019, offered him the same or more money than the padres, but couldnt match the bench coach title since that job was philly rob's. so dickerson goes to san diego. after 2 years, hes treated poorly there and essentially fired. they bring him back this year and love what hes done.

i didnt get enough details to get who the player is, but acuna's contract came up and he mentioned they were negotiating with someone and the same agent who got housed by atlanta wanted 4/50 for said player and he was like "get the farg out of here with that." my thinking is it someone like freddy galvis or edwin encarnacion.

the nola thing was like after the 4 runs in the 2nd, he i think walked the leadoff hitter and john got all mad lol. he does this shtein all the time, had 2 outs in the 1st then gave up a few baserunners, etc etc. im like wow hes just like us sitting there and getting mad at nola being a Hoyda

Rome

You should have been a writer.

PhillyPhreak54

Love that he gets salty at Nola.

MDS

Quote from: Rome on September 24, 2022, 09:42:45 AM
You should have been a writer.

the fun part about covering something is finding out what really goes on...the tough part is actually being able to write about it.